+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation

hgyt6754

Jul 25, 2020
There are news stories about PRs and citizenships being stripped off from permanent residents and citizens respectively years later on the grounds of misrepresentation. How is IRCC able to revisit such cases years later and find out about misrepresentations committed?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There are news stories about PRs and citizenships being stripped off from permanent residents and citizens respectively years later on the grounds of misrepresentation. How is IRCC able to revisit such cases years later and find out about misrepresentations committed?
All depends on the circumstances. Some have lost their status due to investigation of fraudulent agents, while others loose it for failing to declare relevant information that resulted in a successful application that would have been rejected if the information was included. Two things to keep in mind:
  1. IRCC does not pirouette revocation of permanent residence or, in particular, citizenship unless there are significant grounds to do so
  2. There is no limitation on when misrepresentation. If an application has misrepresented themselves, IRCC can pursue that at any time in the future.

hgyt6754

Jul 25, 2020
All depends on the circumstances. Some have lost their status due to investigation of fraudulent agents, while others loose it for failing to declare relevant information that resulted in a successful application that would have been rejected if the information was included. Two things to keep in mind:
  1. IRCC does not pirouette revocation of permanent residence or, in particular, citizenship unless there are significant grounds to do so
  2. There is no limitation on when misrepresentation. If an application has misrepresented themselves, IRCC can pursue that at any time in the future.
The question is how IRCC comes know about misrepresentation at a very later date when say, someone acquired citizenship and that someone’s file is considered closed due to acquisition of citizenship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The question is how IRCC comes know about misrepresentation at a very later date when say, someone acquired citizenship and that someone’s file is considered closed due to acquisition of citizenship.
There are a few different ways. This can include someone submitting a report on the person through the CBSA fraud line, an investigation of fraud by an immigration consultant for another client triggering a review of all clients of that consultant, an investigation triggered as part of a police investigation, etc.

Karan dhillon

Feb 6, 2019
hello guys,
my wife closed work permit as a care giver got expired on 1 april 2021 before that our consultant apply for an extension on 27 march 2021 by saying to immigration that new employer applied for lima for her which our consultant did not told us . my wife give an interview on 26 march 2021 and they told them they apply for lmia for her now send our consultant a reply that send us lmia but we don't have its still on advisement phase. and our consultant did not send us a copy of what he send and what reply immigration send what should i ask him so he send that information to me and is it called a misrepresentation. please reply thank you for you help

Sara Arain

Oct 14, 2021
My husband applied for citizenship but then applied for withdrawal BCS we established that our consultant guided us totally wrong . Unfortunately officer didn't accept my husband's withdrawal and asked for further documents which we cannot provide and in reply to that he gain humbly requested to accept his withdrawal. Till now no reply. I was wondering can my husband currently travel to Canada on his valid PR? Officer has not made any decision as yet. Will there be any consequences at immigration? Pls looking for suggestions and would be obliged if someone will share their personal experience.