+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation?

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!
I have a question I really would love an answer to because I cant really figure it out myself.
Right now I want to go to Canada to work and travel (IEC) and I want to one day marry my boyfriend who lives in Canada.
My question is, because 2 years ago we were planning to get married, we got engaged and I applied to extend my stay so we would have time to get married and get all the papers needed for the spousal sponsorship, HOWEVER things just went downhill really fast and I only stayed a month more than I was originally supposed to (so I stayed for 7, however I had implied status)
My application was accepted, but would this be considered as misrepresentation? What can I do?

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
just one question, had you already applied for an visitor extension during that time? I mean before your over stay?

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just one question, had you already applied for an visitor extension during that time? I mean before your over stay?
oh yea, I applied in December 2017, i was supposed to leave january 2018 (originally) but I had changed my ticket to later in the year so I had time to wait for the application to process, so I had implied status while I was staying, the application was accepted 2 days before I left I believe

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
then you are safe, it is fine, not misrepresentation. don't worry about it.
Should I mention it so they know why I stayed for 7 months if I have to provide travel history? Like explain what happened, so they dont think I just overstayed?

Im just afraid they will think I lied about the reasoning for extending, that we were getting married, but you think it will be okay?

Last edited:

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
no, you don't need to mention it, and technically you didn't really "over stay " as you mentioned, you were on implied status.

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no, you don't need to mention it, and technically you didn't really "over stay " as you mentioned, you were on implied status.
Sorry for asking again, Im just so nervous, so it wouldnt be considered misrepresentation to say we were going to get married and then we didnt and I left?

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
no, in your case I don't think there is anything that will be considered to be misrepresentation. people make plans, but plans change all the time. that doesn't count at misrepresenting facts. for example, only if you were not married but you tell IRCC that you are not, or the other way around, that's misrepresentation.

Last edited:

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no, in your case I don't think there is anything that will be considered to be misrepresentation. people make plans, but plans change all the time. that doesn't count at misrepresenting facts. for example, only if you were not married but you tell IRCC that you are, or the other way around, that's misrepresentation.
Thats what I thought too, plans change! but thank you so much that really helps!

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
sorry, I meant that if you were married and you tell IRCC that you are NOT......

based on that fact you have provided, you will be fine, relax.