+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

misrepresentation

Kittens

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi guys I am a Sept 2014 apllicant . I got my medical request and request for RPF a month after I went back home and got married. I submitted the documents along with medical and fees for both myself and my partner and a few days ago I got a letter stating they don't believe my job meet the requirements and that I could be file for misrepresentation . please help and advise , I don't know what to do

canada08

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Kittens said:
Hi guys I am a Sept 2014 apllicant . I got my medical request and request for RPF a month after I went back home and got married. I submitted the documents along with medical and fees for both myself and my partner and a few days ago I got a letter stating they don't believe my job meet the requirements and that I could be file for misrepresentation . please help and advise , I don't know what to do
Hi Kittens,

Did you do upfront medicals or you got request from CIC?

canada08

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Kittens said:
I got request from CIC for medical and PR fee
My case I got Fairness Procedural letter before Medicals after submitting everything they sent me medical request

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Kittens said:
Stay calm, gather as much as information as you can that proves you have that legit job, for example try to get a letter from your employer, make him/her sign and stamp and date it for you, try to get another set of reference letters with current dates, so it shows they are fresh, try to show them as much evidence as you can, your pay cheques, your pay stubs, bank account statements, anything related to your job really! Compose a letter and explain thoroughly and sincerely to your officer about all the documents that you have attached. Be polite, short, to the point and honest. Try to examine the evidence from your officer's perspective, if you are convinced then no problem, go ahead and put all the documents together and send them as supporting documents. Make a copy of everything before you post them.

Mistakes happen, you learn from them. Try your best to stay calm, and think twice before you make a move.

Here is the point: everybody thinks the officers are there to find a flaw and reject the applications, but it's exactly the opposite, they do their best to pass your application, so think about it, if they wanted to reject your application they could have, easily, trust me, but they are giving you a second chance so you can prove yourself. Seize this opportunity and be as honest and sincere as you can. After all you want to live in this country, and Canada is built on trust and honesty.

Never the less, it's not the end of the world. Just remember to stay calm and patient.

Best of luck,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Kittens said:
What exactly does the letter say about your job?

Kittens

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Thanks Rezafc, good advice. Canada08, it's the same case I am in only that I got medical request first. Did you write your letter yourself and what other documents did you submit ? Thanks

canada08

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Kittens said:
Thanks Rezafc, good advice. Canada08, it's the same case I am in only that I got medical request first. Did you write your letter yourself and what other documents did you submit ? Thanks
I Took help from immigration consultant. I submitted supporting documents which includes letter from my employer, my short term course completion certificate and self explanatory letter.

Kittens

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Ok thanks, I hired a consultant too , I have to pay $ 2000 but I have to write the letter for myself n get one from my employer so I am just wondering what is it that the consultant do for that price

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Kittens said:
Ok thanks, I hired a consultant too , I have to pay $ 2000 but I have to write the letter for myself n get one from my employer so I am just wondering what is it that the consultant do for that price
as per a previous post what is your job, NOC, title , responsibilities and so on. Also what was the reason exactly they said job does not fit requirements

canada08

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Kittens said:
They ask us to write because we only know better about our job than them, You need to be very clear in your letter. I wrote my self explanatory letter up to 10 pages. I explained all the supporting points. I just put myself in to officers shoe and asked questions to myself, made list of all negative points from the officers point and answered all the question.

Dont worry as long as you have all the evidences.

Kittens

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
The letter state that was being paid $12 and the minimum for assistant manager in retail is $14.50. also my duties match a sales rep more than a manager but that is because it's a very small clothing store , they don't hv much clerical duties and cic asked to see their financial statement which my employer is reluctant to provide bit the statement shows that the business was running at a loss. Also on my visa application in 2012 I stated I was employed as a sales rep n on my application I hv assistant manager but I was only as assistant manager from Jun 2013 - Oct 2014 So that was I mistake on my part

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Kittens said:
The letter state that was being paid $12 and the minimum for assistant manager in retail is $14.50
There's your problem. CIC uses ESDC data and jobs paying below its minimum are considered ineligible experiences. And your duties is what matters, not your title, so if it doesn't match your NOC its also ground for rejection.

Although its not common that they are taking the step to accuse you for misrepresentation unless they have further evidence to believe so. As other comment stated, gather all documents and paper trails to prove your references

Usually change in NOC by promotion is not a problem if your work permit is open, but do you need to report it as is.

empress14

Sep 8, 2016
Hi same case here. Did you send your explanation letter? I already contacted an immigration lawyer that will represent me in higher court for free in case the visa officer will give me a refuse. I have a consultant that I paid to assist me with my application but can not help me with my situation right now which is very disappointing.