+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation?

pnl1999

Apr 16, 2015
I am currently staying with work permit and I recently applied PR through provincial nominee program.
When I applied my current work permit, the police records were not asked. I and my wife forgot about our past crime records and we found those when we prepared the PR application.

My crime was 13 years ago with traffic signal violation (caused accident) and my wife's was DUI with BAC 0.055 about 5 years ago. Lawyer said mine was traffic offence and DUI can be fine since it's below 0.08 (Canada's criminal standard). So, crimes themselves are not "inadmissible".

However, what I am worrying about is the "misrepresentation". Of course, we checked "yes" (for "have you ever been..." question) and explained it in our PR applications, but checked "no" when we applied work permit 2 years ago.

Is it "misrepresentation"? Will this misrepresentation cause us immdediate deporation?

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there is nothing you can do now. I don't think they will cross reference check it. Your traffic offense is not classified as a crime, everyone has those. And you said it yourself the DUI of your wife is below limit of criminality so she is also good.

So basically just wait for now and hope for the best, but i don't foresee them cross checking

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SKguy said:
there is nothing you can do now. I don't think they will cross reference check it. Your traffic offense is not classified as a crime, everyone has those. And you said it yourself the DUI of your wife is below limit of criminality so she is also good.

So basically just wait for now and hope for the best, but i don't foresee them cross checking
1, The DUI is still a conviction and should have been reported, although it wouldn't make her criminally inadmissible. The OP better correct it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1, The DUI is still a conviction and should have been reported, although it wouldn't make her criminally inadmissible. The OP better correct it.
It's too late, because the OP answered no to the question on a WP two years ago, but were truthful on the PR application.

Is it even possible to `un-ring that bell' now...two years later?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do nothing now and if it's brought up during the process then explain it was an honest unintentional mistake that you omit it.

pav1993

Jul 29, 2019
good evening, hope you are doing fine.
1)I am currently on a pgwp , valid till sep 2022. My husband has a misrepresentation ban of 5 year which should be over next year . I know i cannot apply for PR till then but what are the chances after his ban is over. Should i apply for my PR only or both after ban is over
2)I have done graduation from india, 2 year diploma from canada, What will be chances of getting an ITA with 1 year experience and 8777.. Or should i go for MPNP or SINP instead of express entry as I am not sure what would be the CRS cutoff till sep 2021.
3) Can PGWP be extended after 3 years or do i need LMIA WP for extension
THANK YOU

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
good evening, hope you are doing fine.
1)I am currently on a pgwp , valid till sep 2022. My husband has a misrepresentation ban of 5 year which should be over next year . I know i cannot apply for PR till then but what are the chances after his ban is over. Should i apply for my PR only or both after ban is over
2)I have done graduation from india, 2 year diploma from canada, What will be chances of getting an ITA with 1 year experience and 8777.. Or should i go for MPNP or SINP instead of express entry as I am not sure what would be the CRS cutoff till sep 2021.
3) Can PGWP be extended after 3 years or do i need LMIA WP for extension
THANK YOU
1) You can include him in your PR application once the ban is over.
2) Depends on how many points you have under Express Entry and what the ITA cut off is next year.
3) You need an approved LMIA from your employer unless you have already received ITA under Express Entry or have a nomination from a province.

samara_khan

Dec 21, 2021
I am currently staying with work permit and I recently applied PR through provincial nominee program.
When I applied my current work permit, the police records were not asked. I and my wife forgot about our past crime records and we found those when we prepared the PR application.

My crime was 13 years ago with traffic signal violation (caused accident) and my wife's was DUI with BAC 0.055 about 5 years ago. Lawyer said mine was traffic offence and DUI can be fine since it's below 0.08 (Canada's criminal standard). So, crimes themselves are not "inadmissible".

However, what I am worrying about is the "misrepresentation". Of course, we checked "yes" (for "have you ever been..." question) and explained it in our PR applications, but checked "no" when we applied work permit 2 years ago.

Is it "misrepresentation"? Will this misrepresentation cause us immdediate deporation?
Hi Dear, did you get your PR? Did they send you a PFL or any ADR? I hope your answers will ease my tense. Thank you