+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation, PMM, Leon pls help/advise

jenicamuniz

Jun 3, 2010
Hi,

Im just wondering if this is a Misrepresentation. My cousin's Uncle sponsored him for a TRV last Dec 2012 and it he got a 1 year visa. Instead of coming in Ontario ( Uncle'S Place), He went directly here in BC with me.. After staying a couple of months. He got a positive LMO and employer willing to sponsor him.

So we decided to go to the border to process his work permit. Now the Immigration officer was asking him a lot of questions why he didn't go to Ontario. His passport was confiscated for further examination. He was so nervous answering all the questions of the Immigration Officer. On top of that, he told the immigration officer that he was planning to visit his relatives in Ontario but oppurtunity came here in BC so he decided to stay.

Is this a misrepresentation?

Any Chance of getting his work permit?

Please help ;)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't think your problem is misrepresentation. I think your cousin's problem is that he came as a visitor and is now behaving as someone who wants to stay in Canada long term. Having your passport confiscated is not a good sign.

I don't know what the odds are that his work permit will be approved. Probably low at this point.

jenicamuniz

Jun 3, 2010
Thanks for your reply, I was scared too that his passport was confiscated by the Immigration Officer. My question is. Can they deport my cousin because of this situation?

also in his application for his visa, its not stated there that he was going to visit me. He was going to visit his Uncle and Aunt in Ontario..

The Immigration Officer is asking us to comeback on friday. Is this a good sign? He was not lying he was just not aware of his application which is completely his fault, He just signed document :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - they can't deport him. However they can order him to leave Canada. And if he's issued with a departure order and doesn't leave within 30 days - it will turn into a deportation order.

I have no idea what you can expect next Friday.

Good luck - hope things work out for your cousin.

jenicamuniz

Jun 3, 2010
Thanks Scylla for your reply. I'm chickening out to go to the border on Friday that he might be deported at least now I know some information. I will update you for the results so others can prevent the situation..

Thank You :)

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenicamuniz said:
Hi,

Im just wondering if this is a Misrepresentation. My cousin's Uncle sponsored him for a TRV last Dec 2012 and it he got a 1 year visa. Instead of coming in Ontario ( Uncle'S Place), He went directly here in BC with me.. After staying a couple of months. He got a positive LMO and employer willing to sponsor him.

So we decided to go to the border to process his work permit. Now the Immigration officer was asking him a lot of questions why he didn't go to Ontario. His passport was confiscated for further examination. He was so nervous answering all the questions of the Immigration Officer. On top of that, he told the immigration officer that he was planning to visit his relatives in Ontario but oppurtunity came here in BC so he decided to stay.

Is this a misrepresentation?

Any Chance of getting his work permit?

Please help ;)
I don't think they will deport him, but they might ask him to leave. I would HIGHLY recommend that you hire an immigration lawyer who can go with you on Friday. I was put in a similar situation a few years ago but my case was totally different.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Cheers