+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MISREPRESENTATION - Panicking a lot

Sir Loki

Feb 15, 2017
Hello everyone !

Hope you're all staying well & safe
Apologies if wrong place to post, please move it if possible ?

I have a big issue regarding misrepresentation about which I'm panicking a lot.
I have applied for PR on November 2020 and received AOR same month

It's going on 9 months now, but I have just realised through reading these forums that I may have committed unintentional misrepresentation in 4 aspects:

- I have failed to declare a trip I took to the UK in 2013 because I forgot about it as it was on an older passport
- I have failed to declare a US tourist visa refusal in 2013 as well
- I have declared a trip the Netherlands but haven't specified the entry via France to the Schengen area
- I have failed to declare the existence of a US LLC I own. I have never used it, it's inactive but still exists since Mai 2017

I have gone through these forums and understand that I can send a webform to IRCC with a letter of explanation to explain these things so that I can amend my application.
I see that so many of my peers who applied on Nov 2020 still haven't gotten their background checks started yet.
My questions and/or worries then are as follows:

- Would the webforms I would send now, 9 months later, would be still accepted by IRCC ?
- Would it matter that I was proactive in reaching out to them albeit 9 months later to fully declare what was missing from the initial application ?
- If they haven't started the background check yet, then the webforms would be sent just in time. Correct ?
- In the case that they have started the Background check and may or may not have uncovered these 4 things and identified them as misrepresentation, would the fact that I voluntarily sent the webforms make any difference and force IRCC to reconsider ?
- In case they have already decided I committed misrepresentation on their finale decision, how would they reconcile that with the fact that I sent the webforms myself without them asking
- Finally, do they always accept webforms regardless of when they were sent ?

I have been on full panick mode for a full 48 hours now and really wish someone with more experience would be able to shed some light into this (even some hope, maybe ?)

Thank you

Last edited:

Sir Loki

Feb 15, 2017
Anyone please ? :)

Basically, the golden question that I need answered is: If IRCC thought intentional misrepresentation occured and webforms were sent before finale decision is made to correct previous submissions, would they reconsider ?

@legalfalcon I see you are a very active member of these forums, would you please care to share your insight with me on this ?

Last edited:

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
Anyone please ? :)

Basically, the golden question that I need answered is: If IRCC thought intentional misrepresentation occured and webforms were sent before finale decision is made to correct previous submissions, would they reconsider ?

@legalfalcon I see you are a very active member of these forums, would you please care to share your insight with me on this ?
I’d say its still better to send a webform to explain it all rather than doing nothing.

Reactions: Sir Loki

Sir Loki

Feb 15, 2017
I’d say its still better to send a webform to explain it all rather than doing nothing.
Thank you very much for your input. I will be sending the webforms shortly with 2 accompanying LOE

1 to explain the missing travels, the visa refusals & give more details on trip that occured
1 to explain that although the LLC exists and is in good standing as far as the US government is concerned, it is inactive and produces 0 income and because I couldnt claim any experience points against it, I wrongly thought it was irrelevant

Still, I'm very much in a continuous breath stopping stress and panic
Do you think, were they to have already gone through my application and determine there was misrepresentation, that they would stand by it ?

D

Deleted member 994371

Thank you very much for your input. I will be sending the webforms shortly with 2 accompanying LOE

1 to explain the missing travels, the visa refusals & give more details on trip that occured
1 to explain that although the LLC exists and is in good standing as far as the US government is concerned, it is inactive and produces 0 income and because I couldnt claim any experience points against it, I wrongly thought it was irrelevant

Still, I'm very much in a continuous breath stopping stress and panic
Do you think, were they to have already gone through my application and determine there was misrepresentation, that they would stand by it ?
You should order GCMS notes to find out.

jak001

May 15, 2022
Hi Loki

Just wanted to inquire as to how did your application go after you declared the webform?

I am in a similar situation. My parents applied for a Canadian visa in the past when I was 10years old and I was not aware of it consequently I did not declare it on my Postgraduate work permit file.

there has been no decision yet from IRCC on my file and I'm wondering whether declaring it via web form is the right move or if it will just mess up my file more.

• Wow
Reactions: Rajvinder Singh

Amet

Sep 24, 2022
Hi Loki

Just wanted to inquire as to how did your application go after you declared the webform?

I am in a similar situation. My parents applied for a Canadian visa in the past when I was 10years old and I was not aware of it consequently I did not declare it on my Postgraduate work permit file.

there has been no decision yet from IRCC on my file and I'm wondering whether declaring it via web form is the right move or if it will just mess up my file more.
Hello, we are in same situation, did you declare that to ircc or not?Thanks