+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation of marital status, please help

KateS

Oct 13, 2020
Hi, I applied for study and work permit in 2017 and 2019 respectively and I chose my marital status as Single. I received both the permits. Truth is that I filed for a divorce in 2017 and it was finalized before I landed in Canada but after I had received my study permit. Recently I realized that I made a mistake and I should have chose appropriate marital status. I need to apply for PR soon and I don't know what to do.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Can you update what happened? Did you got the PR?

I'm in same boat and freaking out now
Report to IRCC ASAP
There is no other way I guess

The following news came today

Canada postpones Filipino frontliner's deportation following public outcry
May 15, 2021
Carlo Escario, 36, an intensive care unit worker at the Toronto General Hospital, pleaded to Canadian immigration authorities to allow him to stay for 40 more days to get his second Pfizer-BioNTech shot, according to a report from Toronto Star. He arrived in Canada in 2007 as a caregiver and became a permanent resident in 2010. However, his status was revoked in 2013 due to misrepresentation in his permanent residence application after failing to declare he was married and had a child in the Philippines.

Goldie003

May 15, 2021
Report to IRCC ASAP
There is no other way I guess

The following news came today

Canada postpones Filipino frontliner's deportation following public outcry
May 15, 2021
Carlo Escario, 36, an intensive care unit worker at the Toronto General Hospital, pleaded to Canadian immigration authorities to allow him to stay for 40 more days to get his second Pfizer-BioNTech shot, according to a report from Toronto Star. He arrived in Canada in 2007 as a caregiver and became a permanent resident in 2010. However, his status was revoked in 2013 due to misrepresentation in his permanent residence application after failing to declare he was married and had a child in the Philippines.

Thank you for the reply. I read this guy's news but his story is different he was married but he never wrote on application as married

In my case I was legally divorced bedire coming to Canada so I technically im single and so I chose to single in all applications study permit, pgwp , and now in PR which is in process

Yes I will notify ircc immediately by webform about this honest mistake on my PR application

My question is im going to tell them by webform so what are the chances of approval or will I get straight reject ?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Thank you for the reply. I read this guy's news but his story is different he was married but he never wrote on application as married

In my case I was legally divorced bedire coming to Canada so I technically im single and so I chose to single in all applications study permit, pgwp , and now in PR which is in process

Yes I will notify ircc immediately by webform about this honest mistake on my PR application

My question is im going to tell them by webform so what are the chances of approval or will I get straight reject ?
The chances ! only the Visa officer could decide anything. If I am he VO I'd cross check , scrutinize everything and do what is beneficial to the applicant, if the applicant had no bad history. hehe

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Can you update what happened? Did you got the PR?

I'm in same boat and freaking out now
You have already misrepresented yourself. If you disclose this now. 99% chances are you will receive refusal with 5 year ban. I would say consult a good lawyer. You can choose to keep your status same.

Goldie003

May 15, 2021
You have already misrepresented yourself. If you disclose this now. 99% chances are you will receive refusal with 5 year ban. I would say consult a good lawyer. You can choose to keep your status same.
Really?already consulting lawyer and they told to submit the explanation and honest mistake

Can't you tell it was a honest mistake and explain it before they find out because after divorce technically you are single so people can check it as single. Because we all mistakes sometimes and that's why we are coming forward to correct it

As no points extra points you get as single or divorced is same pints plus they is no benefit to hide it.

I want to know if anyone has gone through the same situation explained to ircc and and did they approved it?

Jaspreet13

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
Hi i need to ask one question I filed for my study permit extension and got rejected on the 2nd of September 2020 in that the officer told me to submit all the education transcripts for all the colleges that I attended but I failed to upload one transcript which is the current college that I was going to as i got it on the 25th sept but I didn’t mention the reason will it be okay if I submit it in express entry or will I charged on misinterpretation kindly help

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Hi i need to ask one question I filed for my study permit extension and got rejected on the 2nd of September 2020 in that the officer told me to submit all the education transcripts for all the colleges that I attended but I failed to upload one transcript which is the current college that I was going to as i got it on the 25th sept but I didn’t mention the reason will it be okay if I submit it in express entry or will I charged on misinterpretation kindly help
I think you are good to go. If your Work permit was granted. Just mention that in personal history or right a letter of explanation. It should not be an issue.