+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation- Mistakes on IMM 5710

messier

Sep 6, 2018
Hello!

I would like ask some questions as below.
It will be very appreciated if someone could help me.

When I applied for Post graduate work permit, I filled out IMM 5710 (extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker). I found some mistakes in the form, before applying for PR.

Question 1.
In the form, I wrote "study" in "original purpose of visit".

1) I had applied for a school and was waiting for admission decision from the school in my home country.
2) I was on waiting list. However I arrived in Canada on eTA as a visitor. (I think I can say as a tourist as well)
3) a week later after I arrived in Canada, The school gave me admission approval.
4) two weeks after I arrived in Canada. my study permit was approved.

What I should have written was "tourism". Because I came to Canada as a tourist.
I could say I had two purposes : 1) tourism. if i fail to get admission. 2) study. if I get accepted by the school.

However, In the form, I said that "I applied for study permit and got approval and stated the date of approval" which could imply my previous visa before the study permit was not study permit, and this could explain my original purpose of visit was actually not study.

In the travel history form for PR, I have to say the purpose of travel.

What should write in the travel history application?
Would this mistake affect my PR process?

Question 2.
In the form, I was supposed to write all the companies I worked for in the past 10 years.
But because there were not enough space, I wrote 9 years a few months of employment experiences. I could not write one company I worked for a few months.

Would this impact my PR document?
Because in the PR document, I wrote all the companies I worked for in the past 10 years.
However, I am not using this work experience to get scores for PR.

Question 3.
There is an online Post Graduate Work Permit application. In the online application, there are no questions on neither "past 10 years employment" nor "original purpose of visit". which could mean that my previous mistakes were not necessary information that can decide my Post Graduate Work Permit process.

Could this fact be considered for the officer, while cross-checking my previous applications and PR applications?

Thank you

Last edited: