+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation case

Errazi

Nov 17, 2018
Hi,

My application to remain in Canada got approved a month ago.

CBSA officer reported me for a Misrepresentation for answering no instead of yes.
The question is : Have you been arrested OR convicted before ?

I read the question as : Have you been arrested AND convicted before ?

Before coming to Canada the meaning of being arrested for me was convicted that's why i didn't give this question importance.

I use to have a police interactions in US but the charges were dismissed.

Also I did a mistake for putting the date exiting USA on March instead of April. Was not sure about the month.

My wife and I expecting a birth on February 2019, her work permit is expired and my 2 years baby two.

Can still apply for a work permit extension for them with this issue on hand ?

Thank you for your help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

CBSA officer reported me for a Misrepresentation for answering no instead of yes.

Before coming to Canada the meaning of being arrested for me was convicted that's why i didn't give this question importance.

Also I did a mistake for putting the date exiting USA on March instead of April. Was not sure about the month.

My wife and I expecting a birth on February 2019, her work permit is expired and my 2 years baby two.

Thank you for your help.
If there is an outstanding report for misrepresentation, it's likely that any other application to IRCC would be suspended until it's resolved. However, there is nothing to stop you filling out the application and sending it off.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Thank you for your help.
Are you in Canada? Were you entering and CBSA found the misrepresentation? Were you given paperwork?

Errazi

Nov 17, 2018
Yes I'm in Canada. I have been charged with an assault, while the investigations were in process, Police handed over my passport to CBSA. The crown prosecuter dropped the charges. I requested my passport from the CBSA, than I have been interviewed for the discrepancy in my applications in 2017 and 2018.