+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation by government?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Im

Quality of education in schools - I am sorry to say that It’s way below than what is delivered in Europe or Asia. What you think all colleges and universities are great here , there are few which are designated as degree shops to make money from foreign students. Any one with money can make entry and do some basic study and get degrees may be recognized in Canada but piece of paper outside canada
So ironic having read your profile where you have entered Canada multiple times on H&C or on another passport while not declaring your PR status because you haven’t met RO. If Canada is such an awful place why do you keep trying to come back? Now you have met the minimum requirement for citizenship and left right away. If anything you should be thanking Canada for being so lenient with you and giving you entry over and over again and also allowing your son to have a PR card when you didn’t remain in Canada during the whole processing time. It sounds like they did catch on when it came to your wife and held her PR card.

Reactions: Buletruck

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
So ironic having read your profile where you have entered Canada multiple times on H&C or on another passport while not declaring your PR status because you haven’t met RO. If Canada is such an awful place why do you keep trying to come back? Now you have met the minimum requirement for citizenship and left right away. If anything you should be thanking Canada for being so lenient with you and giving you entry over and over again and also allowing your son to have a PR card when you didn’t remain in Canada during the whole processing time. It sounds like they did catch on when it came to your wife and held her PR card.
I am not sure whose profile are you referring to , may be you need to go back and check the facts. I am still in process of getting my PR. So better be careful while making such remarks.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I moved to Canada with 8 years experience in oil and gas as an international field engineer, worked for a US oil and gas service company based in 99 countries worldwide includes my home country. Never went to school in Canada and during my time with that company I did a short assignment in Canada( six months project 2012). Once in Canada I knew I had to compete with others ( maybe more exprienced and have Canada education background). It took me two years to get back to my field and work as a field engineer with the same company here in Canada, they first hire me as a part-time just for winter projects. Now with the actual situation of the oil patch I see Canadian with Canada's experience and education being sent home and I am still with the company as full time.You need to develop strategies on how to apply for jobs.Contacting directly hiring managers via LinkedIn talk to them directly and sell yourself. Someone will end up giving you a chance.

Reactions: Rahul81

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
I moved to Canada with 8 years experience in oil and gas as an international field engineer, worked for a US oil and gas service company based in 99 countries worldwide includes my home country. Never went to school in Canada and during my time with that company I did a short assignment in Canada( six months project 2012). Once in Canada I knew I had to compete with others ( maybe more exprienced and have Canada education background). It took me two years to get back to my field and work as a field engineer with the same company here in Canada, they first hire me as a part-time just for winter projects. Now with the actual situation of the oil patch I see Canadian with Canada's experience and education being sent home and I am still with the company as full time.You need to develop strategies on how to apply for jobs.Contacting directly hiring managers via LinkedIn talk to them directly and sell yourself. Someone will end up giving you a chance.

That sounds more positive note than some suggesting to sue the government in the forum.

NiceNick0007

Jul 26, 2020
May be that man forgot to tell that in UAE it’s zero intolerance for drink and drive whereas in Canada people roam freely even after drinking, so I agree he is not coming out of that culture.

May be he also forgot to tell that UAE is crime free and how much of that is prevelant here. That person will get used to it as he took risk of coming in here and no one invited him or forced him.
audacity gimp blender

I agree cultural fit plays an important factor even though people resist for some positive changes you intend to bring in society.

It’s not about taking chance but I see That the immigrants are over qualified and possess skills more than what they need to perform here that’s what put them in backseat.

My suggestion to some of friends have been to cut short their skill sets or else they will never get jobs as most of times companies cannot afford you and most of times the companies don’t deserve you. But still you have to earn living so cut short on skills you are including on your profile. HArd fact but have to live with it
What’s the point in luring people to migrate on skilled programme if government cannot show jobs? How can a government keep quiet when it recognizes other country university credentials and allows immigrants to come in

Last edited: