+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation+5 Years inadmissibility

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
understood, thank you for your time I really appreciate it. Yes I’ll be adding my wife as a dependent in the application. One more question if they have any concerns regarding to misrepresentation do they contact you before Medical exam request or after? I know there’s no timing for it but usually?
No idea. There's really no pattern that will tell you anything here. You'll only know for sure when you get the approval or the Procedural Fairness Letter.

Pri47

Apr 22, 2020
Montréal
Hi all,
In 2016, I was refused a US tourist visa and, I mentioned it when I first applied for my study permit. It was approved.

However, when renewing the permit this month, I completely forgot about that and said (no) in the section about previous visa refusal. My permit was also approved.

I made the same mistake in my TRV but I noticed that almost immediately after applying and immediately raised a CSE with detailed explanation (mentioned the issue about approved study permit too).

And after that I applied for my co-op work permit but mentioned everything in that one properly.

Now, from what I have gathered, my TRV should be fine since I raised a CSE almost immediately with an updated form but what's bothering me is, is IRCC going to act on my approved permit? Considering the fact that they already had the information about my refusal as I already disclosed it on my first application. From what I have noticed, they didn't even do a background check on my SP renewal.

Really stressed and would appreciate any feedback.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
In 2016, I was refused a US tourist visa and, I mentioned it when I first applied for my study permit. It was approved.

However, when renewing the permit this month, I completely forgot about that and said (no) in the section about previous visa refusal. My permit was also approved.

I made the same mistake in my TRV but I noticed that almost immediately after applying and immediately raised a CSE with detailed explanation (mentioned the issue about approved study permit too).

And after that I applied for my co-op work permit but mentioned everything in that one properly.

Now, from what I have gathered, my TRV should be fine since I raised a CSE almost immediately with an updated form but what's bothering me is, is IRCC going to act on my approved permit? Considering the fact that they already had the information about my refusal as I already disclosed it on my first application. From what I have noticed, they didn't even do a background check on my SP renewal.

Most likely you should be fine. Since you already declared in your first application, they could have considered it as honest mistake and approved the permit.

Reactions: Pri47

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi all,

Agree with the above. Since you declared it on your very first application, it does clearly look like an honest mistake. Out of 4 applications to IRCC, you totally forget in one, in another you raised a CSE as soon as you remembered, and then you mentioned it again in the most recent application.

You'll have no issues.

Pri47

Apr 22, 2020
Montréal
Most likely you should be fine. Since you already declared in your first application, they could have considered it as honest mistake and approved the permit.
I really hope that was the case!! Thank You!

Agree with the above. Since you declared it on your very first application, it does clearly look like an honest mistake. Out of 4 applications to IRCC, you totally forget in one, in another you raised a CSE as soon as you remembered, and then you mentioned it again in the most recent application.

You'll have no issues.
That's very relieving to hear. Thank You very much! Also, in the web form, in the section for Application number, I mentioned both the application numbers. Firstly the TRV application number and secondly the Study permit application number. Are web forms automated or is it going to be manually forwarded by a CSC agent?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I really hope that was the case!! Thank You!

That's very relieving to hear. Thank You very much! Also, in the web form, in the section for Application number, I mentioned both the application numbers. Firstly the TRV application number and secondly the Study permit application number. Are web forms automated or is it going to be manually forwarded by a CSC agent?
The form gets attached to your file (via the UCI number) so when the IRCC officer opens the file, s/he will see your request.

Pri47

Apr 22, 2020
Montréal
The form gets attached to your file (via the UCI number) so when the IRCC officer opens the file, s/he will see your request.
I understand! So, the application number section is only for the agent to see but the complete enquiry including the uploaded attachments are forwarded based on the UCI? Did I interpret that correctly?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I understand! So, the application number section is only for the agent to see but the complete enquiry including the uploaded attachments are forwarded based on the UCI? Did I interpret that correctly?
I don't know the details of how it works inside IRCC, but it's really doesnt' matter. Your request will reach the right person as long as you uploaded and entered the correction information (i.e no typos).

Pri47

Apr 22, 2020
Montréal
I don't know the details of how it works inside IRCC, but it's really doesnt' matter. Your request will reach the right person as long as you uploaded and entered the correction information (i.e no typos).
It's because I wrote 2 application numbers in the "Application number section", so I am worried, in case it's automated, the system might not be able to detect the input and might just drop it in whole. Unless of course they just forward the whole Enquiry to my overall profile, in that case, all I have to do is wait, I guess.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The UCI number was correctly entered, right?

And you explained your issue in the text box? Then you dont' need to worry.

Pri47

Apr 22, 2020
Montréal
The UCI number was correctly entered, right?

And you explained your issue in the text box? Then you dont' need to worry.
Oui Monsieur/Madame,

The UCI was properly written. The issue was explained in detail and I also attached an updated IMM 5257 form.

mnvivekananda

Nov 24, 2020
I received an offer letter from an agency and applied for workpermit latter i received letter fri cic that its fake and I will be banned for 5 years , I also replied them that its not my mistake it was cheating by an agency in india,
an I apply for visa again now its been 3 years now

Pri47

Apr 22, 2020
Montréal
I received an offer letter from an agency and applied for workpermit latter i received letter fri cic that its fake and I will be banned for 5 years , I also replied them that its not my mistake it was cheating by an agency in india,
an I apply for visa again now its been 3 years now
If you were banned for 5 years for document fraud/misrepresentation, you wouldn't be allowed to enter Canada until the ban expires. Since you did the application, it's your responsibility to ensure that your documents are valid.

After your ban expires, you can reapply for whichever category you think is suitable for you but make sure to inform IRCC of what your mistakes were.

Reactions: Buletruck