+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation+5 Years inadmissibility

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi all, I am sharing my details to ask for your opinions and suggestions

1) Applied for SP & OWP last October 31, 2022 (from the Philippines)

2) We presented the following funds.
a) 1 year tuition and GIC
b) Three (3) commercial banks
c) One (1) government savings program
d) Equities and Cryptocurrencies
e) One (1) rural bank

3) It seems IRCC has limited access to Philippine Rural Banks thus we were given a procedural fairness letter last March 2023 mainly asking about the rural bank. Logically, we have enough funds sans this rural bank but were given a PFL regardless.

4) We have submitted a complete money trail (cheques & bank statements) of the rural bank last April 2023. Also, we offered to pay our second-year tuition and open another GIC if they give us an email sanctioning it.

5) Rural bank time deposit reached maturity last August 2023 and we transferred it back to one of our commercial banks. We sent IRCC all the documents regarding the change that transpired. We also reapplied (2nd lodging) with the same funds without the rural bank but the second application was probably tagged because of the existing PFL.

6) Banned for misrepresentation this December 11,2023 on the first app.

All funds are still intact. I don't know if they ever read my replies as it seems IRCC is prejudiced against rural banks and those who have them. Thank you for your replies. Suggestions would be welcome.
So you are banned for misrep, did you receive letter detailing how they arrived to that conclusion?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all, I am sharing my details to ask for your opinions and suggestions

1) Applied for SP & OWP last October 31, 2022 (from the Philippines)

2) We presented the following funds.
a) 1 year tuition and GIC
b) Three (3) commercial banks
c) One (1) government savings program
d) Equities and Cryptocurrencies
e) One (1) rural bank

3) It seems IRCC has limited access to Philippine Rural Banks thus we were given a procedural fairness letter last March 2023 mainly asking about the rural bank. Logically, we have enough funds sans this rural bank but were given a PFL regardless.

4) We have submitted a complete money trail (cheques & bank statements) of the rural bank last April 2023. Also, we offered to pay our second-year tuition and open another GIC if they give us an email sanctioning it.

5) Rural bank time deposit reached maturity last August 2023 and we transferred it back to one of our commercial banks. We sent IRCC all the documents regarding the change that transpired. We also reapplied (2nd lodging) with the same funds without the rural bank but the second application was probably tagged because of the existing PFL.

6) Banned for misrepresentation this December 11,2023 on the first app.

All funds are still intact. I don't know if they ever read my replies as it seems IRCC is prejudiced against rural banks and those who have them. Thank you for your replies. Suggestions would be welcome.
The second application is going to be refused.

Your only option at this point is to hire an immigration lawyer in Canada to try to overturn the 5 year ban.

notRainier

Dec 11, 2023
So you are banned for misrep, did you receive letter detailing how they arrived to that conclusion?
No, we only got corresponding letter saying my SP applicant (i'm the OWP) is banned. 40(1)(a) Directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding facts about a matter that could cause an error in the administration of the IRPA. We just ordered a GCMS request a few hours ago for the details.

While I, as the OWP, got the purpose of your visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details i have provided and was not given a ban but I assume I am banned as well for 5 years in connection. Right?

Thanks for replying.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
No, we only got corresponding letter saying my SP applicant (i'm the OWP) is banned. 40(1)(a) Directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding facts about a matter that could cause an error in the administration of the IRPA. We just ordered a GCMS request a few hours ago for the details.

While I, as the OWP, got the purpose of your visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details i have provided and was not given a ban but I assume I am banned as well for 5 years in connection. Right?

Thanks for replying.
If letter says SP is banned, and you had different reasons for refusal, then you are not banned for misrep. It is that you can not re-apply since the Principal is banned, unless you choose other Immigration pathway