+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misplaced Passport

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Hello there,

So I misplaced my passport and I say misplaced since I do not dare to say just jet I lost it!!! :-[

Now the issue is if I can't find it I would have to require a new one, the good thing is that in Costa Rica our passport number does not change since it is the same ID number for everything (passport, ID, Driver's Licence. etc) so that means in my application and the doctor documents, it will all stay with the same ID Number!!!! But I don't know what CIC does!!! it this going to give me problems!!! Does anybody here has gone trough something like this!!!??? is it going to affect my application!!! Btw I received AOR March 5th 2013
I would appreciate any advise

P.S I am still looking for it hopefully I can find it....

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Happywife08 said:
Hello there,

So I misplaced my passport and I say misplaced since I do not dare to say just jet I lost it!!! :-[

Now the issue is if I can't find it I would have to require a new one, the good thing is that in Costa Rica our passport number does not change since it is the same ID number for everything (passport, ID, Driver's Licence. etc) so that means in my application and the doctor documents, it will all stay with the same ID Number!!!! But I don't know what CIC does!!! it this going to give me problems!!! Does anybody here has gone trough something like this!!!??? is it going to affect my application!!! Btw I received AOR March 5th 2013
I would appreciate any advise

P.S I am still looking for it hopefully I can find it....
They are going to need your passport before they issue a visa so you should get it replaced as soon as possible.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
They are going to need your passport before they issue a visa so you should get it replaced as soon as possible.
Also, as long as you are accurate when you say the passport # and all information on the bio page stays the same... then you should not even need to contact CIC that you got a new passport. If for some reason the number changed and didn't match the number you put on your application anymore, only in this case would you need to send your VO an email stating the change.

So get a new one asap, and when they ask for you to send it... just send it in.

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Rob_TO said:
Also, as long as you are accurate when you say the passport # and all information on the bio page stays the same... then you should not even need to contact CIC that you got a new passport. If for some reason the number changed and didn't match the number you put on your application anymore, only in this case would you need to send your VO an email stating the change.

So get a new one asap, and when they ask for you to send it... just send it in.
Thank you!!!! I will do that!!!

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
You may need to inform CIC if the expiry dates are different on the replaced passport though...

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
NicJohn said:
You may need to inform CIC if the expiry dates are different on the replaced passport though...
Yes I was thinking of that, also I think the picture will change. I think I am going to let them know just in case!!!

Tomorrow I am going to ripped my car apart!!! to find it!!! It was in my bag I am thinking it could have fallen off