+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misinterpretation : need suggestions

Nuttykumar

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
I graduated in 2008 from india and got selected for a SW CMPNY . I also got student visa for united kingdom for 1 yr degree, i asked the cmpny tht i will work when i stay in england and after i come back will continue working at the same organization. From sepr 2008 till sept 2010 i worked 20 hrs per week from uk while studying, after i came back from uk i worked till 2012 august and moved to another organization. The organization still exists and has over 500 employees.
If required i can get the same details on the compny letter head, since i was one of the first employees recruited by the cmpny

i was not happy about the course i selected and did not cmplte my degree instead came back from UK before the visa expiry date and did not over stay in uk.(came back a week before the expiry of visa).

When applying for canada visa i did not mention about my uk study plan as it only asks for last 5 yrs, and i did not want to write abt my failed degree and did not mention abt the details in SOP also, as i felt it is my choice to explain or not.

Im worried will that fall under misrepresentation. I never had any rejections at all for all the countries i travelled

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
On Study Permit IMM 1294 under Education, it specifically asks for:

Have you had any post secondary education (including university, college or apprenticeship training)?
If you answered, "yes", give full details of your highest level of post secondary education.

Since you haven't completed the course and you were not awarded with a degree, then I think you are fine not writing about it.

Others can comment on it as well.

I graduated in 2008 from india and got selected for a SW CMPNY . I also got student visa for united kingdom for 1 yr degree, i asked the cmpny tht i will work when i stay in england and after i come back will continue working at the same organization. From sepr 2008 till sept 2010 i worked 20 hrs per week from uk while studying, after i came back from uk i worked till 2012 august and moved to another organization. The organization still exists and has over 500 employees.
If required i can get the same details on the compny letter head, since i was one of the first employees recruited by the cmpny

i was not happy about the course i selected and did not cmplte my degree instead came back from UK before the visa expiry date and did not over stay in uk.(came back a week before the expiry of visa).

When applying for canada visa i did not mention about my uk study plan as it only asks for last 5 yrs, and i did not want to write abt my failed degree and did not mention abt the details in SOP also, as i felt it is my choice to explain or not.

Im worried will that fall under misrepresentation. I never had any rejections at all for all the countries i travelled

Nuttykumar

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
On Study Permit IMM 1294 under Education, it specifically asks for:

Have you had any post secondary education (including university, college or apprenticeship training)?
If you answered, "yes", give full details of your highest level of post secondary education.

Since you haven't completed the course and you were not awarded with a degree, then I think you are fine not writing about it.

Others can comment on it as well.
thanks mate ... u gave some confidence.
Since UK and Canada exchange the immigration info Im little worried.

Any others please do respond, any one with similar experience. Awaiting your replies