+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minors identification IDs

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Hello guys. I have a question. I am applying along with my one year old son for citizenship. I am stuck at his 2 required IDs. I know I can use his passport but what about the second ID? His health card probably won’t arrive until 3 months from now and I don’t want to wait till then to apply. He is one so he is not in school. Not sure what other ID I can use.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Hello guys. I have a question. I am applying along with my one year old son for citizenship. I am stuck at his 2 required IDs. I know I can use his passport but what about the second ID? His health card probably won’t arrive until 3 months from now and I don’t want to wait till then to apply. He is one so he is not in school. Not sure what other ID I can use.
Immunization card

AC1974

Mar 8, 2010
The health card for your son won't have a picture. So, You can write a letter explaining that you have only the passport. Please see below,

Children of preschool age may not be able to provide two identity documents or an identity document that includes their photo. In such cases, an explanation letter must accompany their application. Officers may use discretion for preschool age children.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/identity/acceptable-documents-show-identity-applications.html

Hope it helps,

Reactions: Barca

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
The health card for your son won't have a picture. So, You can write a letter explaining that you have only the passport. Please see below,

Children of preschool age may not be able to provide two identity documents or an identity document that includes their photo. In such cases, an explanation letter must accompany their application. Officers may use discretion for preschool age children.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/identity/acceptable-documents-show-identity-applications.html

Hope it helps,
Very helpful. Thanks a lot :)

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Hope it helps,
Can we keep health card(no photo) and the passport copy?
Same issue at ontario wihch doesnt issue with photo. Also no other local id is issued in ontario. Seems the school board also varies in issuing IDs(/index cards etc - not all schools issue those records with photo).

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Very helpful. Thanks a lot :)

Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:

• school record
  • health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:

• a passport page containing their photo and personal details, or
  • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:

• school record
  • health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:

• a passport page containing their photo and personal details, or
  • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
I have the immunization record. It is just not signed. Something like this https://www.signnow.com/jsfiller-mob11/?projectId=406079149#0d1c26f7002369e6048e293bd9473a9a

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
His health card won’t arrive until 3 months from now. So the option I have is to wait until then and apply or apply with the passport and unassigned immunization record, write a letter of explanation and hope for the best :/

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
I cannot open, but you can ask your immunization Centre to give signed one, they will provide one. atleast I got one updated one recently

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Can we keep health card(no photo) and the passport copy?
Same issue at ontario wihch doesnt issue with photo. Also no other local id is issued in ontario. Seems the school board also varies in issuing IDs(/index cards etc - not all schools issue those records with photo).
yes you could, As for minors 2 IDs required one of them must be photo on it, so both together Okay.

Reactions: harirajmohan