+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minors Education records for citizenship

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Hello,

Are the minors education records no longer required for the adult citizenship application ? If I have them already should I send them with the application or not?

Thanks,

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travel Dream said:
Hello,

Are the minors education records no longer required for the adult citizenship application ? If I have them already should I send them with the application or not?

Thanks,
I sent my son's school records....just the report cards. From grades 6-10,he was in grade 10 when we filed. I called his school and ask if I can get school records for citizenship and the school was very accommodating but I didn't coz of time constraints,I filed that June deadline before IRCC changed their rules. Guess report cards were sufficient.We became Canadians in 9 months.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
stargazerlilly said:
I sent my son's school records....just the report cards. From grades 6-10,he was in grade 10 when we filed. I called his school and ask if I can get school records for citizenship and the school was very accommodating but I didn't coz of time constraints,I filed that June deadline before IRCC changed their rules. Guess report cards were sufficient.We became Canadians in 9 months.
Thanks for your reply

Actually, I sent all education records for my child when I applied for my citizenship before they have changed the law. Now I want to apply for my wife but I found that they removed the education records from the checklist in the new application form. So I just asking if the people here in the forum still sending the education records in the new system or not.

Any help guys would be appreciated.
Thanks

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Split here as well. New check list has no mention of school records neither for adult or for minors. Don't want to overdo and don't want to have the application returned :)
Anyways what did you do? Any updates and further suggestions?
Thanks