+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor's Citizenship application returned

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Guide CIT 0003 - Application for Canadian Citizenship - Minors (under 18 years of age)
This form and guide is for permanent residents, under 18 years of age, who have one parent who is a Canadian citizen or one parent who is applying for their Canadian citizenship at the same time.

• Photocopy of two (2) pieces of personal identification.
    Both pieces of identification should show the minor’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
    Examples include:
    • school record;
    • health insurance card;
    • a passport page containing their photo and personal details;
    • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided.
    • Note: If there is information on both sides of the identification document, photocopy both sides.
  • Photocopy of birth certificate or adoption order
    The document must show:
    • the minor’s name;
    • date of birth;
    • place of birth;
    • the names of the parents or adoptive parents.
  • For an adopted minor living in Quebec, you must submit one of the following documents:
    • jugement d’adoption ;
    • jugement sur requête en adoption ;
    • reconnaissance de jugement d’adoption ;
    • certificat d’inscription d’adoption ;
    • attestation d’adoption ;
    • lettre d’attestation d’adoption.
  • One (1) photocopy of proof of the parent’s Canadian citizenship (if applicable)
    Examples include:
    • provincial/territorial birth certificate;
    • certificate of Canadian citizenship;
    • certificate of naturalization;
    • certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad;
    • certificate of retention issued between January 1, 1947 and February 14, 1977.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html#step2

Maggie f

May 18, 2016
Hi All

I need some insight immediately if you can help. I had submitted my application and my childs together , however i received the package back as my childs package was deemed incomplete as stated due to not submitting 2 identification documents, however i had a note on my package as well stating " your application is considered complete, however as you submitted with concurrent processing with a family member whose application was incomplete , the entire package is being returned to you. Please resubmit this application and your documents with the completed applications for your family members."

my question is that as my application was considered complete, do i need to submit the same application that they returned to me (adults) or do i also need to resubmit my new application and physical presence form as the days to calculate eligibility will change based on current date. Please if anyone has faced this and have corrective actions let me know as the website or their letter doesnt indicate if they want me to resubmit the same old application for myself or a new one dated and signed on current date as i would do for my child. Thanks in advance