+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor student travelling alone

rsaiprasad.08

Apr 16, 2019
Hello,

My nephew got his visa and flying to Canada for Fall 19 to pursue his undergrad. He is currently 17 year old and wondering if he needs to take any precautions to fly alone as he is still 17 year old. Are there any special instructions or documents to carry? Is the POE procedure different from regular students?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello,

My nephew got his visa and flying to Canada for Fall 19 to pursue his undergrad. He is currently 17 year old and wondering if he needs to take any precautions to fly alone as he is still 17 year old. Are there any special instructions or documents to carry? Is the POE procedure different from regular students?

You can follow this IRCC guidance

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/minor-children-travelling-canada.html

The POE procedures are the same, just ensure he is carrying the required documents to travel, and as mentioned in the link I have given.

The airline your nephew is travelling in may consider him an unaccompanied minor. You should consult the airline website of the airline your nephew is going to fly on to see if they have any additional requirements or services that you can avail.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Hello,

17 years old is old enough. The legal age of consent is 16 in Canada.