+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor error in EOI, what impact in ITA processing?

Jalia

Apr 18, 2017
Hello

I might have made a minor error in my EoI.

Can someone please help me with what impact can happen in the ITA processing?

Thanks!

Jalia

Apr 18, 2017
Thanks Maverick28

Education detail mentioned incorrectly (2 year post graduate mentioned instead of 1 year postgraduate diploma)

Though it will not impact the score by a wide margin. But wouldnt want the ITA processing to be annulled after many months.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Jalia said:
Thanks Maverick28

Education detail mentioned incorrectly (2 year post graduate mentioned instead of 1 year postgraduate diploma)

Though it will not impact the score by a wide margin. But wouldnt want the ITA processing to be annulled after many months.
After the change. if your score is still above the CRS cut-off for the round you got your ITA, you should be fine.

Jalia

Apr 18, 2017
Oh thank you for the prompt response. Much helpful.

So can this change be made when applying for the ITA? Or is it taken into account by the Canada CIC when they do their checks.

Or is it advisable to decline the ITA, make the change and then reapply?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Jalia said:
Oh thank you for the prompt response. Much helpful.

So can this change be made when applying for the ITA? Or is it taken into account by the Canada CIC when they do their checks.

Or is it advisable to decline the ITA, make the change and then reapply?
You can change it in your eAPR. Mention in LOE about the change. Once you submit the application, Visa Officer will calculate the points based on your submitted documents and verify it against your application. If its above the cut-off, your application will be accepted.

Jalia

Apr 18, 2017
Thanks Maverick28.

Good point to start reading from. Forget the beer, I'll get you a pitcher!

Thanks again.