+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor Child Citizenship Application - plz answer

pras_tcs

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Hello All,
I have a question on the citizenship process for my 6 old kid.

As per the citizenship checklist for minor's, there is no requirement for Physical Presence Calculation in the Documents checklist . Is this correct ? Although my kid has more than >1095 days of physical presence in Canada.

I just want to confirm if the physical presence calculation document is not needed or not ?

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Hello All,
I have a question on the citizenship process for my 6 old kid.

As per the citizenship checklist for minor's, there is no requirement for Physical Presence Calculation in the Documents checklist . Is this correct ? Although my kid has more than >1095 days of physical presence in Canada.

I just want to confirm if the physical presence calculation document is not needed or not ?
It’s correct

limhockkiong

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
I saw Q8 on form CIT0003 asks for the dates the minor was outside of Canada and then automatically calculates the number of days absent though. This is for subsection 5(2) - i.e. citizenship application for a minor by a parent who is also applying for citizenship the same time.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I saw Q8 on form CIT0003 asks for the dates the minor was outside of Canada and then automatically calculates the number of days absent though. This is for subsection 5(2) - i.e. citizenship application for a minor by a parent who is also applying for citizenship the same time.
Ok, you should go by the checklist anything needed with your application should be listed there and physical presence calculator isn't listed there.