+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor application for citizenship (below 14 years)

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Thank you, also in the supporting documents, there is an option to submit immunization/hospital record, can that be of US too or will that need to be from Canada?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you, also in the supporting documents, there is an option to submit immunization/hospital record, can that be of US too or will that need to be from Canada?
Since this is for ID purposes, presumably a US hospital record should be okay.

That doesn't mean it's ideal though - better would be eg Canadian health card. You only need two pieces of ID for the child - one usually the foreign passport, the other 'something else.' The slightly odd list of things - and given as an example - is because children have far fewer things like ID. But technically it can be anything official that shows name and date of birth. (I'd consider a library card for example)

I'm emphasizing because you only need two. It's not 'optional' in this sense.

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Thanks, strangely, I am surprised not to see a birth certificate there(as an id), which has the name, DOB.

The service card takes a while to come in the mail. Under 5 years, I don't have library card, best bet is wait for services card or just submit immunization record from overseas.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks, strangely, I am surprised not to see a birth certificate there(as an id), which has the name, DOB.

The service card takes a while to come in the mail. Under 5 years, I don't have library card, best bet is wait for services card or just submit immunization record from overseas.
Understood. Don't know why they don't have birth certificate there.

Up to you but personally I'd wait for the services card, that should only j a matter of weeks; the delay in getting the application returned is a huge pain.

Ours was returned because for some reason they did not accept the other foreign passport as the second id. Too late now to argue the point, but wish I'd just waited for the health card.

model78

Jan 20, 2021
HI. i am Canadian citizen and my kids have PR card but living outside Canada they have PR card but expired they came in Canada once in 2015 after they did not come here and their PR expired in 2018 .Both are under 14 years of age .Can i apply their citizenship ?thanks in advance