+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor address error in passport

Periperipanda

Aug 28, 2020
Hi,
I got my ITA couple of weeks ago to apply for PR. My passport got wet accidentally in the rain and applied for a new passport.
This new passport has a minor error in my address, instead of "mangala", it is written as "mangal". Will this be a problem?
As my old passport has mangala and new has mangal, I wanted to know if this be a problem. Should I reapply for a new passport? If yes, then it will be my second new passport after ITA.
What should I do?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi,
I got my ITA couple of weeks ago to apply for PR. My passport got wet accidentally in the rain and applied for a new passport.
This new passport has a minor error in my address, instead of "mangala", it is written as "mangal". Will this be a problem?
As my old passport has mangala and new has mangal, I wanted to know if this be a problem. Should I reapply for a new passport? If yes, then it will be my second new passport after ITA.
What should I do?
I think getting another passport before you submit your application is not a problem - you only need to provide your current passport details. So changing the passport shouldn't matter.

You don't really need the address for anything PR related (as I recall), so leaving it should be alright.

On a side note, for an Indian passport (which I assume you have), I think they will correct it for free if you spot a mistake before you use the passport. If you are not under time pressure, you could just go ahead and get it corrected for peace of mind.

Ultimately, neither option should cause you problems.

All the best.

Reactions: Periperipanda

Periperipanda

Aug 28, 2020
I think getting another passport before you submit your application is not a problem - you only need to provide your current passport details. So changing the passport shouldn't matter.

You don't really need the address for anything PR related (as I recall), so leaving it should be alright.

On a side note, for an Indian passport (which I assume you have), I think they will correct it for free if you spot a mistake before you use the passport. If you are not under time pressure, you could just go ahead and get it corrected for peace of mind.

All the best.
Thank a million!

Snikhil030

Feb 21, 2021

All the best.
What you did ?