+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minister Intervention Deadline

mafghan

Oct 24, 2022
Hi,

One of my neighbor Hearing Date has been put on hold because the IRB has sent a notification / invitation for Minister Intervention (Rule 27 Integrity Issue).

Legally speaking, is there any deadline for Minister to respond before the IRB can proceed and schedule his Hearing? Or do they have to wait for indefinite time until there is a yes / no response from the Minister concerning his intervention.

I would appreciate if you can send me any link which clarifies this. I tried hard but was not able to find any reliable source

Logic tells me that there should be some deadline for the Minister to respond but I might be wrong.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hi,

One of my neighbor Hearing Date has been put on hold because the IRB has sent a notification / invitation for Minister Intervention (Rule 27 Integrity Issue).

Legally speaking, is there any deadline for Minister to respond before the IRB can proceed and schedule his Hearing? Or do they have to wait for indefinite time until there is a yes / no response from the Minister concerning his intervention.

I would appreciate if you can send me any link which clarifies this. I tried hard but was not able to find any reliable source

Logic tells me that there should be some deadline for the Minister to respond but I might be wrong.
I have received two letters from IRB, one regarding a short hearing date for a less complex claim. An other was a notice to the minister’s delegate and it says the minister has up to 10 days before the scheduled hearing to show his interest to attend my hearing, if he fails to do so, the officer in charge of my claim may use his discretionary power to decide without any hearing.

Reactions: mafghan

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,

Usually 14days before resumption of process, but it doesnt mean after 14days Minister can not respond or intervene,

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2012-256/FullText.html

Reactions: mafghan