+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum Study Permit Extension

Naeem222

Jun 16, 2016
Hi there,

I am an international student. My was visa going to expire on 31 Dec 2017, so I applied for an extension as my program will end by Dec 2018. I got approval 2 days ago, but it shows that my new study permit is valid only till 31 March 2018, while I attached the proof of enrollment in next term. I wanted to ask, is there any minimum limit for the study permit extension (as I got only 3 months, after renewal).

A little background is that I cam to Canada in April 2016, but then changed my institution and started study in Jan 2017, might this be the reason for 3 months renewal or is it just a mistak?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards:

Naeem

dannymomin

Dec 5, 2017
When u complete one program in canada and you want to study further in another program so u have to apply to CIC to extend your stay as a student for new study permit or u have to apply all the way again to embassy like we do in home country

Naeem222

Jun 16, 2016
I guess I couldn’t explain it well or you didn’t get question. I didn’t say I finished my program. My program is still going on thats why i needed to extend my studey permit in order to finah my program.
Hope you understood it now.
Please let me know if you have any experience or knowledge about this
Thanks

Naeem

When u complete one program in canada and you want to study further in another program so u have to apply to CIC to extend your stay as a student for new study permit or u have to apply all the way again to embassy like we do in home country
I guess you didn’t read my text completely

dannymomin

Dec 5, 2017
I guess I couldn’t explain it well or you didn’t get question. I didn’t say I finished my program. My program is still going on thats why i needed to extend my studey permit in order to finah my program.
Hope you understood it now.
Please let me know if you have any experience or knowledge about this
Thanks

Naeem

I guess you didn’t read my text completely
I am asking you this question.
I have doubts about this.
When i complete one course as i habe ome year study visa and study permit and if want to study further in another 2 yr course i have to extend stay as a student in canada or have to apply to home embassy as the way i did in my home country?