+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum stay required after PR Visa stamping

CA_CEC

Aug 13, 2012
Derekjeeter said:
Hey CA- CEC,

congratulations on your PPR and completing the process. I noticed you mentioned leaving canada after applying, are you back in canada now for passport stamping ? are you sending your pp for stamping from abroad?

I am an overseas CEC applicant from AUG 2012, i recently did medicals and paid rprf so waiting for ppr but there is lot of confusion about sending passport for stamping.

Can you pls share how are you getting stamped.

Thanks,

DJ
Hi DJ - I am almost in the same status, received PPR. I am also searching for a satisfactory and legal way to get passport stamped with entry visa. I m located in India and it is neither safe nor legal to send passport thru' courier or thru' friends. There r any blog strings on this. I found following string where 'new2can' posted a solution where he says that we can go thru' VFS to get the passport stamped from CHC, New Delhi. I have called VFS India and they told me to contact their local office and indicated that they consider this service.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passport-requestppr-submit-passport-in-canada-despite-applying-in-india-t150147.60.html

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CA_CEC said:
is it okay for me to go alone to get PR validation and return immediately or do all the family member need to accompany? Can I take all my family members' passport and go alone for the first entry? Plz clarify. I am a bit worried on the expiry of entry visa - I thought by default it is for 1 year. It would be nice if you can give steps after PPR and during this process.
No, it isn't OK for you to land alone with their passports. All of your family members MUST LAND as permanent residents before their entry visas expire. If they do not, then the COPR is no longer valid and they will have to apply for PR all over again.

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
Arhaan said:
wish had an idea why....but I am happy thinking that I have the visa now for which I have been waiting for a long time...:)
Are you currently in Canada ?

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
No, it isn't OK for you to land alone with their passports. All of your family members MUST LAND as permanent residents before their entry visas expire. If they do not, then the COPR is no longer valid and they will have to apply for PR all over again.
I think the PA can land alone despite having his family's passports. The point is that the family members can land anytime before the expiry of their PR visas/CoPR.

Seniors, your thoughts ?

CA_CEC

Aug 13, 2012
Canadavisa07 said:
I think the PA can land alone despite having his family's passports. The point is that the family members can land anytime before the expiry of their PR visas/CoPR.

Seniors, your thoughts ?
I have a family of 4; I m the principal applicant, my spouse and 2 kids minor - all 3 dependent on me. I am in India and not in Canada.

"canuck_in_uk" clearly indicated that after we get PR entry visa & CoPR; we must all land in Canada with in the entry visa time limit (3 to 12 months) to get the PR.

My question - due to personal situation, I & family can not continue our stay in Canada immediately. If I only land in Canada, get the PR as principal applicant, return, say after 3 days. My friend in Canada gets the PR Card and posts me later. Can I along with my family land in Canada in next 5 yrs and stay for continuous 2 yrs to keep our PR valid? what would be the most cost and time effective solution?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canadavisa07 said:

Seniors, your thoughts ?
I didn't say that he couldn't land alone. He asked whether it is necessary for his family to land at all or if he could take their passports with him when he lands to complete the landing for them. He isn't allowed to do that. He can land alone and have his family land after him, as long as every one of them lands before the visa expiry.

CA_CEC said:
"canuck_in_uk" clearly indicated that after we get PR entry visa & CoPR; we must all land in Canada with in the entry visa time limit (3 to 12 months) to get the PR.

My question - due to personal situation, I & family can not continue our stay in Canada immediately. If I only land in Canada, get the PR as principal applicant, return, say after 3 days. My friend in Canada gets the PR Card and posts me later. Can I along with my family land in Canada in next 5 yrs and stay for continuous 2 yrs to keep our PR valid? what would be the most cost and time effective solution?
Yes, you and your family can land and then leave Canada right after. As for the cost and time effective solution, no one else can tell you that.

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
I didn't say that he couldn't land alone. He asked whether it is necessary for his family to land at all or if he could take their passports with him when he lands to complete the landing for them. He isn't allowed to do that. He can land alone and have his family land after him, as long as every one of them lands before the visa expiry.

Yes, you and your family can land and then leave Canada right after. As for the cost and time effective solution, no one else can tell you that.
I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
CA_CEC said:
I have a family of 4; I m the principal applicant, my spouse and 2 kids minor - all 3 dependent on me. I am in India and not in Canada.

Hey, I think you missed my question posted earlier.

When exactly did you receive your PPR ? Who is the visa officer who sent you the PPR email and when did you email them ?

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
CA_CEC said:

Hey CA_CEC, did you figure out a way? how are things going man?

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Hey Arhaan, DJ

How is the process at your end? All going smooth? Did you guys land?

CA_CEC

Aug 13, 2012
Update for all - I hv submitted my and my family's passport to VFS, Kolkata office for PR Visa stamping. They accepted it without any issue with a charge of INR400 each passport (total for me = Rs1600). But now it is 2 weeks - VFS tracking says passport submitted to CHC, Delhi - in process.

Also, I found in CIC, India website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp) - "Visa Application Centre (VAC) - VACs offer services for temporary resident applications (visitors, students and workers) and permanent resident travel documents."

As I progress, I will keep this trail updated.

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
CA_CEC said:
Update for all - I hv submitted my and my family's passport to VFS, Kolkata office for PR Visa stamping. They accepted it without any issue with a charge of INR400 each passport (total for me = Rs1600). But now it is 2 weeks - VFS tracking says passport submitted to CHC, Delhi - in process.

Also, I found in CIC, India website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp) - "Visa Application Centre (VAC) - VACs offer services for temporary resident applications (visitors, students and workers) and permanent resident travel documents."

As I progress, I will keep this trail updated.
Thanks for the update! Update once everything goes smooth.
What documents did you fill and submit along with your passport?

kum1234

May 29, 2013
Hi CA_CEC,

Did you sent an email to CIC once you got PPR saying that you will submit in India? or is that OK directly we can submit our passports to VFS,India once we get a PPR even though CIC didn't mention or given permisson...

Can you please clarify

Thanks for your answers

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Hi CA_CEC,

any update from CIC on your passport?

CA_CEC

Aug 13, 2012
First, I got my passport back from VFS with PPR/ PR Visit visa stamped and with COPR/ CPR letter. Follow my another thread for details-

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t160802.0.html

My recommendation - do not send or share your passport any other way - it is illegal in India.

Regd - Minimum stay after PR visa stamping - on this topic - what I gathered from fellow forum helper-
a) while one is travelling on "PR Visit visa" - one has to travel with in expiry of the visa stamped on the passport
b) this travel is required for all - PA and his/ her dependents
c) PA should land before or along with dependents; dependents can not land before PA
d) once you are thru' the 'Post of entry' in Canada and you receive "PR" status (in case it is not rejected at entry point) - your PR Card would be under process. You can return by next flight (theoretically).
e) after this step - one needs to stay for 2 yrs in subsequent 5 yrs to keep the "PR status"
These points are clarified in CPR/ COPR that one receives along with passport stamped with PR Visit visa.