Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
tiffaany said:
So if im applying for outland ill most probably be ok is that right? and since i have no status right now, do i still provide them my study permit and do i put student or visitor as my current status in canada?
you are NOT currently legally a visitor. you are currently out of status, and I believe that's what you would put in your application. i think people have done this in the past. my advise is to leave canada and correct your status issue. not doing so will open you up to a lot of trouble.

tiffaany

Mar 29, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
I didn't realize you stopped studying. if you are out of status, you will not be eligible for the owp. i think the best thing to do is apply outland, go home for a bit and come back as a visitor, remembering to supply enough proof of ties to your home country. I'm not sure what would happen if you apply outland and CIC finds out you are in canada illegally. my guess is you could be subject to deportation at that point.

IMO outland is still your best choice since you are not eligible for the work permit due to your lack of status. the last thing you want is to be "stuck" in canada for 2.5 years while out of status. you'll be looking over your shoulder for CIC to contact you about deportation for sure.

So what i can do is go back to my home country for a while and come back to canada as a visitor and apply for outland application together with OWP? and i can still wait in canada since i will be under visitor status is that right? sorry for asking so many questions cause im really not too experienced in this! thanks again!

tiffaany

Mar 29, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
you are NOT currently legally a visitor. you are currently out of status, and I believe that's what you would put in your application. i think people have done this in the past. my advise is to leave canada and correct your status issue. not doing so will open you up to a lot of trouble.
and do u think i can go to the states for a few days and come back in canada using visitor status? then I dnt have to go all the way back to Hong Kong? will that be ok? or u suggest me going back to my home country and wait for a bit

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiffaany said:
So what i can do is go back to my home country for a while and come back to canada as a visitor and apply for outland application together with OWP? and i can still wait in canada since i will be under visitor status is that right? sorry for asking so many questions cause im really not too experienced in this! thanks again!
NO! You cannot apply for OWP with an Outland application.

You can submit the Outland application now and then decide if you want to leave Canada. You may get lucky...you may not.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
tiffaany said:
and do u think i can go to the states for a few days and come back in canada using visitor status? then I dnt have to go all the way back to Hong Kong? will that be ok? or u suggest me going back to my home country and wait for a bit
no one is going to be able to tell you yes or no. sure, you can definitely try. Whether CBSA lets you back in to canada (and for how long) is up to them in that moment. no matter what, the only way to find out what happens is to leave and attempt to come back. you are subject to whatever happens at the border.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The OP does not need to leave Canada, unless told to do so by CIC or CBSA.

tiffaany

Mar 29, 2016
Ponga said:
The OP does not need to leave Canada, unless told to do so by CIC or CBSA.
So do u think its a better idea to apply outland and leave canada and go back to my home country for a few weeks and come back in as visitor? and for the outland application i will put visitor as my current status?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should probably put student as your current status, because that's the last status document that you received from CIC. Even though it may now be void, you really have no idea what, if anything, they know about your non-studying for the last 9 months.

Again...you do NOT need to leave Canada unless told to do so. If you choose to leave and are denied re-entry, it could complicate things for you even further.

tiffaany

Mar 29, 2016
Ponga said:
You should probably put student as your current status, because that's the last status document that you received from CIC. Even though it may now be void, you really have no idea what, if anything, they know about your non-studying for the last 9 months.

Again...you do NOT need to leave Canada unless told to do so. If you choose to leave and are denied re-entry, it could complicate things for you even further.
Oh that's good to know!! i was thinking about having to leave, so i still apply for outland and the current status i should put student but not visitor even though it may be invalid?

Thank you so so much!!

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
Have you gotten the HK police certificates yet?
If not, I don't know how easy it is to get it remotely from here. We got it when we took a trip back there.

Again, it's best to check the HK thread and ask questions there.

I read that the processing time for HKVO has grown. But I think it's still shorter compare to inland.

tiffaany

Mar 29, 2016
yvr1234 said:
Have you gotten the HK police certificates yet?
If not, I don't know how easy it is to get it remotely from here. We got it when we took a trip back there.

Again, it's best to check the HK thread and ask questions there.

I read that the processing time for HKVO has grown. But I think it's still shorter compare to inland.
i haven't requested it yet, seems like i have to be there in person to get it.. and im not sure if i need it now cause some people say CIC will ask me to provide it later during the process and i only need that when they asked for it..
thanks for the info!