+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum Income Required for Parents Sponsorship

Kartikey Manchanda

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I've just got an invite for sponsoring my parents for PR to Canada. One doubt I've before submitted the documents is that for one year my income was less that the Minimum Income that is required in the table and for the last two years I've double the income which is required.
Will that affect my application as they have asked for the last three year of T4 or Notice of Assessment in the requirements.

You help is appreciated.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I've just got an invite for sponsoring my parents for PR to Canada. One doubt I've before submitted the documents is that for one year my income was less that the Minimum Income that is required in the table and for the last two years I've double the income which is required.
Will that affect my application as they have asked for the last three year of T4 or Notice of Assessment in the requirements.

You help is appreciated.

Thanks

If you don't meet the income requirements for one year out of the three - there's no point applying. The application is going to be refused. You don't meet the basic requirements to sponsor your parents.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,

You help is appreciated.

Thanks
So you lied about meeting the LICO requirements when submitting your intent form and have now taken away a spot from someone who did qualify. Well done.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The first year I was studying full time that's was the reason and I didn't lied anywhere that why I'm asking before applying.
You were supposed to verify that you meet the requirements to sponsor before completing an intent to sponsor form. It sounds like you failed to do that since you don't qualify to sponsor but completed and submitted an intent to sponsor form all the same.

Reactions: Kedeisha

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The first year I was studying full time that's was the reason and I didn't lied anywhere that why I'm asking before applying.
It is quite simple, did you qualify for the LICO amount in the three years ?

Yes= Good
No= Don't bother

I fail to see how this is complicated, and to be perfectly honest, the person processing the returns does not care if you were studying full time, if you did not meet the required amount as set out by the Government, your application will just be pulled and refused.

Reactions: Kedeisha

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
These people knew they didnt meet the LICO but applied because they don't think they will get refused

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
If the Government should suddenly start accepting everyone's application just because they were picked, but failed to meet the prescribed LICO amounts, and people who were not picked, and who had met the prescribed amounts, I am positive that someone would be filing a case with the courts. There is no black and white in these situations.
i am quite positive the Government would like to avoid any unnecessary negative publicity at any time, but particularly because this is an election year
If the rules are not going to be followed, then why have any rules in the first place? Let it be a free for all.

Alokuk692

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi Everyone,

You help is appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Kartikey

I am just wondering how your application went. Did you file for your parent's PR and if yes was there an issue with the income declaration?