+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum funds or assets required for EE

GS_ca

Jan 12, 2015
Hello,

Can anyone explain the minimum amount of funds required for an EE application? If so, how long should the money or assets should be possessed

by an EE applicant in an account?

Many Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
it depends on which program you are eligible under. If it is CEC, then there is no funds requirement. If it is FSW or FST,

then the info is posted on the CIC website -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

GS_ca

Jan 12, 2015
Do you know for how long should the money be available in the account before I make the application??

Thanks

betorocks

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
preeti.msingh109 said:
can we show land property for proof of funds?...

for cash in bank and all how long should it be possessed??
Properties Other than cars like apartments, are accepted.

zosya

Dec 9, 2014
betorocks said:
Properties Other than cars like apartments, are accepted.
Where did you find this information? Is there a link to it?
I'm really nervous, cause I do not have all the money in cash right now. However, I have an apartment. So I was wondering is it really acceptable to show owning of it as a proof of funds? If yes, then do I need to include approximate cost of this apartment or just confirmation of the fact that I am an owner of it will be enough?

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
zosya said:
Where did you find this information? Is there a link to it?
I'm really nervous, cause I do not have all the money in cash right now. However, I have an apartment. So I was wondering is it really acceptable to show owning of it as a proof of funds? If yes, then do I need to include approximate cost of this apartment or just confirmation of the fact that I am an owner of it will be enough?
Visa Officer will not accept valuation of land, apartment, house, car, or furniture etc as proof of fund.

Valid Proof of funds are bank balance, fixed deposit in your or your spouse name.

Also govt bonds are acceped.

boreda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
desertfox said:
Visa Officer will not accept valuation of land, apartment, house, car, or furniture etc as proof of fund.

Valid Proof of funds are bank balance, fixed deposit in your or your spouse name.

Also govt bonds are acceped.
Showing that much of amount is bank account highly impossible in bank Desertfox...

Do you have any link for the above words.

boreda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
I am sure they will accept House evaluation report from CA, and agriculture land or any saving amount ( like chit funds amount) ..

bhaibhai

Nov 21, 2014
boreda said:
I am sure they will accept House evaluation report from CA, and agriculture land or any saving amount ( like chit funds amount) ..
The word on the CIC site for fund is

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

See now where its mentioned as asset, its money so its going to be liquid fund.

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We're under the PNP scheme and for our PNP proof of funds it was acceptable to show property/land, but we had it confirmed by our country's visa office (UK) that for EE is actually needs to be money in a bank account. :( We've had to quickly finish renovating and then sell our house and move into a rented house just so the money can be seen in our account.
I'm not sure how long it has to be in the account the person I spoke to said it didn't have to be in for any amount of time provided you could prove that it was your money and not borrowed, but now I hear that after ITA CIC are requesting 6 months of bank statements, which worries me. :(

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can one show proof of funds through a joint bank account ? Say like me and my father have a joint bank account ? Is that acceptable ?

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We were told that a joint account is only OK if its you and your spouse, but if you got a letter from your father saying that it was your money, perhaps they might accept that? Maybe give your visa office a phone call.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A joint account means;

(1) there are two owners of the account, with the same privileges
(2) both owners of the said account can operate it

KHG

Jul 10, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received at CIO 21-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
LOA dated 28-May-2014
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
09-Feb-2015
Med's Request
23-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
10-Mar-2015.. Docs sent to LVo via fedex, received on March 30 2015
Interview........
Decision Made: 17-June-15
Passport Req..
Request received: 10-June-15; passports sent: 12-June-15
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2015
LANDED..........
19-Aug-2015
arcticbeans said:
We're under the PNP scheme and for our PNP proof of funds it was acceptable to show property/land, but we had it confirmed by our country's visa office (UK) that for EE is actually needs to be money in a bank account. :( We've had to quickly finish renovating and then sell our house and move into a rented house just so the money can be seen in our account.
I'm not sure how long it has to be in the account the person I spoke to said it didn't have to be in for any amount of time provided you could prove that it was your money and not borrowed, but now I hear that after ITA CIC are requesting 6 months of bank statements, which worries me. :(
Have the minimum funds for pnp also revised ?? As per express entry.. family of 3 needs now cad 18k plus ... however manitoba website says tht it shud b 10k for amin app plus 2k for each accompanying..
Pls advice