+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum funds for a study permit?

bryanbo28

Aug 31, 2021
Hi guys, I received and accepted an offer for a graduate certificate in Seneca College, and Im now preparing for the study permit application.

Due to family situation earlier on, I almost gave all of my earnings from the past few years to my parents. However they had gave me back a portion of the money, and now I have cad$ 28k in total in my bank, which is just over the minimum stated by IRCC. Would it be enough? And since I received the money from my parents, do I need to provide a letter explanation from my parent for the big deposit in the bank statement?

Thank you!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys, I received and accepted an offer for a graduate certificate in Seneca College, and Im now preparing for the study permit application.

Due to family situation earlier on, I almost gave all of my earnings from the past few years to my parents. However they had gave me back a portion of the money, and now I have cad$ 28k in total in my bank, which is just over the minimum stated by IRCC. Would it be enough? And since I received the money from my parents, do I need to provide a letter explanation from my parent for the big deposit in the bank statement?

Thank you!
Prepare to explain lumpsome deposit into your bank account. Again we are not sure if you meet pof as you didnot mention tuition fee and accomodation cost! Lastly, Proof of fund is one criteria among others…. They will look into others too

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thank you!
1. You are going to need proof that your parent gave/returned the money, CIC won't accept that the money magically appeared in your account.

bryanbo28

Aug 31, 2021
Prepare to explain lumpsome deposit into your bank account. Again we are not sure if you meet pof as you didnot mention tuition fee and accomodation cost! Lastly, Proof of fund is one criteria among others…. They will look into others too
I just found out that the LOA contained a "est. living cost" which I will need to fill into the study permit application, the "est." cost for living and tuitions would be $29k cad. I now would need some more fund in my acc.

Thank you for the answer

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just found out that the LOA contained a "est. living cost" which I will need to fill into the study permit application, the "est." cost for living and tuitions would be $29k cad. I now would need some more fund in my acc.

Thank you for the answer
If living in Toronto cost of living is going to be over 10k.

Reactions: bryanbo28