+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION and a problem to us all

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We can send emails and tell them it's not good and blah blah, then piss them off because we are treating their citizenship as our birth right. Or give it sometime, something like more than 4 draws on a completely new system which in the long run should help those who qualify make it through rather than first come first serve. I agree, If they actually tune the system a little (minimum human factor score even for LMIA and PNP holders) i think it is very efficient and regardless how much some PGWP holders, i am a PGWP holder btw, whine. PGWP still have a very good chance of making the cut because we studied and graduated in Canada and therefore companies are still more interested in us than people from outside Canada who know almost nothing about the culture and unable to quickly blend with coworkers (a major undisclosed requirement in the Canadian work place)...

"mic drop"... #rantover :D

samonfire_007

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
asdf-1234+ said:
Can we send an email to mr chris to voice our concern and how EE is full of problems that need to be addressed immediately?

for example, why are they inviting people with 135 points for Human Score Criteria even though they have LMIA, but then ignore us with 400+ points for Human Score Criteria without LMIA..

It hurts my head just thinking about it.. I feel rejected
Let the new system breath in. It has been performing really well from the last one month. Probably 2 more months and everybody having a pgwp, a job and good ielts score should get selected. No need to email them and make matters worse.

+1 for SKguy

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016
asdf-1234+ said:
What if CIC decides to not drop their minimum points for ITA any lower? What if they say, WELL we will only issue ITA to those with LMIA/PNP/LMO?

Hahaha we're all screwed.
Bro either be optimistic or book one way ticket to back home right now..you are scaring others.. :p

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
That's great if you have time on your visa for the new system to find its feet. May people don't and are loosing their jobs. There should have been contingency plans for this in place while the systems transitioned

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
asdf-1234+ said:
Can we send an email to mr chris to voice our concern and how EE is full of problems that need to be addressed immediately?

for example, why are they inviting people with 135 points for Human Score Criteria even though they have LMIA, but then ignore us with 400+ points for Human Score Criteria without LMIA..

How about you mrsolazytotypeyourownname, make use of the time to increase your score by ielts or eca and then wait for them to issue ITA.
PR is a privilege and not your birth right.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

asdf-1234+ said:

1. Because people with LMIA and PNPs demonstrate that the applicants can hold a job in Canada and that the employers require their services. This means that the applicants as PRs hit the ground running. Gets rid of the well educated immigrants with skills that are not transferable to the Canadian marketplace. How many stories have been published about Foreign Drs, driving taxis and sweeping floors. What a waste. of an education.
2, The PGWP holders complain, but CIC never promised you that you would become an immigrant. If you are working for an employer on an open work permit and your employer thinks that you are doing a real good job, then why wouldn't they submit an LMIA for PR? It doesn't cost them anything other than time. If the aren't willing to do that, they obviously don't value your services.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
asdf-1234+ said:
What if CIC decides to not drop their minimum points for ITA any lower? What if they say, WELL we will only issue ITA to those with LMIA/PNP/LMO?

Hahaha we're all screwed.
There's enough uncertainty and fear in the system as it is; I see no need to make up any additional worries.

moose83

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Feb 2016
AOR Received.
25th Feb 2016
Med's Done....
27th Feb 2016
atmtaatmta said:
What if CIC decides to close EE and other immigration programs and even stops issuing tourist visas?
What if North Korea launches a nuclear missile at Vancouver?
What if aliens come tomorrow and eat us all?
What is the point in such assumptions?
:D :D ;D ;D :p :p :p

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
What if we have to wait months and months to get an ITA, and by the time we do, when we submit our PR application, it comes back because they have reached their cap again >_______>

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
asdf-1234+ said:
What if we have to wait months and months to get an ITA, and by the time we do, when we submit our PR application, it comes back because they have reached their cap again >_______>
I don't know why a lot of "what if"?...don't worry bro we will be fine...all these are future things...and you will get the PR for sure :)

CANCANADA

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-08-2017
Med's Done....
27-07-2017
arajat said:
Go on his Facebook page and violently talk crap to him and tell him how much u dislike him :p
asdf-1234+ thats the perfect thing to do... just go to his Facebook page and talk to him on message :D :D :D :D :p :p

Besides get your facts correct before starting such ridiculas topics on a serious informative forum...EE has NO CAPS!!!

zhk

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

1. Because people with LMIA and PNPs demonstrate that the applicants can hold a job in Canada and that the employers require their services. This means that the applicants as PRs hit the ground running. Gets rid of the well educated immigrants with skills that are not transferable to the Canadian marketplace. How many stories have been published about Foreign Drs, driving taxis and sweeping floors. What a waste. of an education.
2, The PGWP holders complain, but CIC never promised you that you would become an immigrant. If you are working for an employer on an open work permit and your employer thinks that you are doing a real good job, then why wouldn't they submit an LMIA for PR? It doesn't cost them anything other than time. If the aren't willing to do that, they obviously don't value your services.

Referring to your statement that why would the employer not apply for LMIA if they value your services - simply because for alot of jobs it's close to impossible to prove that they couldn't find a canadian for the position. Have you checked the requirements for obtaining LMIA? I work for one of the banks here in NOC "A" and they are happy with my performace and all but just good performance and valuable service isn't sufficient for LMIA! even if the bank applies for LMIA, it will get rejected .
LMIA would only work for people in fields where there truly is a shortage.