+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Military service form in Immigrants Guide

mandana.yazdanian

Jan 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi,
CIC requested my husband's military service completion or exemption document. However my husband neither took military service, nor is eligible for exemption. (My husband and I are from Iran)

Does anyone have a similar experience or have any suggestion on what to do in this situation?
My only thought is to send a letter explaining why he did not take the military service and why he is not eligible for exemption. But is it possible that we get rejected for this reason?
Since this is a country specific requirement you should provide them with either exemption or the filled out form. I think in this case the reason behind why he can't provide the required document is important, if the reasons are legitimate then you can write a letter and explain your rational in detail and sign an affidavit to show what you explained is the truth. I think if your reason is valid and you make an official statement to support your reason, they should accept it.

Reactions: sohrabp

bahar.april

Apr 30, 2018
Hi Bahar Jan,

I was wondering if I could get some information regarding the details of how you applied for your husband.

I came across your question regarding the military service requirements and since I was confused about the same thing I thought I'd ask if you submitted the original or photocopy and whether it was accepted?

Also, since my husband is in Iran, can he sign and scan forms and email them to me?
Hi Mandana,

Did you check the box related to military service in the checklist?or did you write N/A next to the box?
I don't know what to do in the checklist!

mandana.yazdanian

Jan 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi Mandana,

Did you check the box related to military service in the checklist?or did you write N/A next to the box?
Hi Bahar,
Where it says dod you attend military service? I checked “no”
Hi Mandana,

hi Bahar,
Where it asks “did you attend military service” I checked the box “no”
Directly below that it asks if military documents are provided or something along that line, I did not check the box I wrote “N/A” beside it and noted “ exemption document included” and I already got my file number so it was acceptable and they didn’t return my documents. I’m not sure if it was needed but I printed and included the military form, and put an “N/A” on it to prove that I was aware of this form it was just not needed .

Reactions: bahar.april

bahar.april

Apr 30, 2018
Hi Bahar,
Where it says dod you attend military service? I checked “no”

hi Bahar,
Where it asks “did you attend military service” I checked the box “no”
Directly below that it asks if military documents are provided or something along that line, I did not check the box I wrote “N/A” beside it and noted “ exemption document included” and I already got my file number so it was acceptable and they didn’t return my documents. I’m not sure if it was needed but I printed and included the military form, and put an “N/A” on it to prove that I was aware of this form it was just not needed .

bahar.april

Apr 30, 2018
Thank you so much, Mandana.:) I want to send the forms tomorrow.

Did you check the bold part "MILITARY SERVICE" or you just wrote N/A again?

Would you kindly tell me the order you arranged the documents & forms?

Checklist:

There is a part "Identity Documents of the principal applicant": Did you check both "Birth certificate" & "National Identity Card"?

Do we have to put N/A next to "MEDICAL EXAMINATION"?

Information about the previous examination: Did you write "NO" in this part?

Police certificate: The country ....currently live+ The country ...since age of 18
I put a check in both. Is that ok?

Form 1344:
Is there a co-signer on this application? I said NO. Is it right?
20 Photographs:

What did you write on the back of the 20 pictures you sent. The sponsor's Name+The principle applicants name& date of birth?+ brief explanation about them?Right?

Thanks a million, I really appreciate your time.

Bests

Bahar

Last edited:

mandana.yazdanian

Jan 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM

No I didn't check it, I put N/A beside it and checked "No" to the question that asks did you do military service?

I did it exactly based on what was on the checklist, so I put the checklist first, then barcodes, receipt of payment and so on.. I made it into 3 clipped batches, one for sponsor which was me, one for my husband's forms and one for proof of our relationship and supporting documents. but I followed the exact instruction on the checklist

Checklist:

There is a part "Identity Documents of the principal applicant": Did you check both "Birth certificate" & "National Identity Card"?
Yes, I checked both since we include translation and certified copies of both "Shenasname" and "Card Meli"

Yes, that's what I did

20 Photographs:

What did you write on the back of the 20 pictures you sent. The sponsor's Name+The principle applicants name& date of birth?+ brief explanation about them?Right?

My format was :
PA Name: xxx
DOB: xxx
Date of Photo: xxx
Location: Tehran, Iran if photo was taken there, or Vancouver BC if in Canada.. I didn't get into details of whose house or exact location

Depending on the photo I would give a description: for wedding photos, engagement, any other ceremonies I was more exact as where it took place and who were in the photos as long as it was only parents and siblings. If it was a group photo i would write PA's friends, or sponsor's friends..

for other photos, I put honeymoon, first trip with PA's friends to xx location.. these kinds of descriptions

Bests

Bahar

mandana.yazdanian

Jan 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM

Checklist:

Information about the previous examination: Did you write "NO" in this part?

Police certificate: The country ....currently live+ The country ...since age of 18
I put a check in both. Is that ok?

Form 1344:
Is there a co-signer on this application? I said NO. Is it right?
20 Photographs:

Bests

Bahar
Hi Bahar,

I answered your questions in Red in your comment. hope you can see it :)

Reactions: bahar.april

bahar.april

Apr 30, 2018
IMM1344: Part 7.Naturalized Citizen, what is the UCI/client ID? I left this part blank.

Last edited:

mandana.yazdanian

Jan 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
IMM1344: Part 7.Naturalized Citizen, what is the UCI/client ID?
If you have previously dealt with immigration you would have a UCI number which stands for Unique Client ID. I personally didn't have it because I moved to Canada as a dependent in my parents' application, if you immigrated independently you may have one. you should find it in your previous immigration documents. if not just put N/A beside it.

bahar.april

Apr 30, 2018
If you have previously dealt with immigration you would have a UCI number which stands for Unique Client ID. I personally didn't have it because I moved to Canada as a dependent in my parents' application, if you immigrated independently you may have one. you should find it in your previous immigration documents. if not just put N/A beside it.
I had the same situation like you. Thanks

akhilvarma90

May 14, 2017
Kochi, Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Nomination.....
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-05
Passport Req..
01-09-2017
Thanks a lot for replying.
I submitted my application 10 days ago but unfortunately we had to send in the scanned version of signatures, we had the original signatures but the very last minute I realized the forms were updated as of November 2018 and he had signed the old version so we submitted the scanned signature hoping they would stick to what it says on their website. By the way, make sure your husband signs IMM 5669, I've read it multiple times on this forum that people mistakenly don't sign it, thinking that they have electronically signed it by typing their name. :)

"Signatures
If signatures are missing, we will return the application without processing it.

Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary."

Can you please let me know if they accepted the scanned signatures or not? I am currently in a similar situation.

Thank you.

Bushra Toma

May 29, 2022
Hi, my husband got the additional document request to provide IMM5546 military service related document on 5th of October 22 and submitted the document with all necessary information on 7th of October 22. Till then there's no update. It's been over 5 months we're waiting for the visa decision. Can anyone tell me how long does IRCC take to review military service related document and issues visa? Please reply.

mile80

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Hola, mi esposo recibió la solicitud de documento adicional para proporcionar el documento relacionado con el servicio militar IMM5546 el 5 de octubre de 22 y presentó el documento con toda la información necesaria el 7 de octubre de 22. Hasta entonces no hay ninguna actualización. Hace más de 5 meses que estamos esperando la decisión de la visa. ¿Alguien puede decirme cuánto tarda IRCC en revisar el documento relacionado con el servicio militar y emitir la visa? Por favor, responda.
[/CITA]
Any update with your issue?
I am in the same boat waiting since may 8 2023 ( we are reviewing the additional documents) military records