Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2014
I have not heard anything from CIC but my MIL contacted CIC and reported me as a fraud. She's been desperately trying to get rid of me. Does anyone know what's gonna happen next?

It's actually weird because she's been treating me nice until recently. She called me like 1 or 2 week/s ago complaining about my husband. She can't stand how he won't come out of his room so now there's dirty plates and empty water bottles collecting in his room. She's blaming me for how my husband is acting. She thinks I'm brainwashing him.

My husband also had a recent police interaction. His sister ran away (cuz they don't like her boyfriend) so they tracked down her boyfriend's address and they tried to stir a fight with him and his family. My stupid husband got himself involved. The guy called the cops on him. Will this affect our application?

My husband's justification for his mom's outrageous behavior is she's just drunk. She's bipolar and alcoholic but she refuses to get help. She's a mentally ill person who's at risk of getting in trouble with the law. There's help for that population in Toronto. I can't understand why nobody's trying to help her. She's gotten in trouble many times and has had criminal convictions in the past. Using "insanity" as an excuse for her actions didn't always work.

Some examples of how my MIL loves playing with my feelings:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll be honest with you. You have a very complicated application and I think it's reasonable to assume your application may take a while to process (longer than posted processing times) while CIC reviews everything. Between your mother in law's report to CIC, the fact you were fairly recently married to another Canadian, your dismissed charges, your husband's potential charges, etc. - there's a lot to deal with here. I would not be at all surprised if you were called for an interview. It may also be a good idea to engage a Canadian immigration lawyer for advice and guidance.

If you know for certainly that your mother in law has reported you to CIC, I would send a letter to your visa office explaining that you know she has reported you and reconfirming that the relationship is genuine (I would very strongly recommend that this letter be sent by your husband - not by you). I would also include additional evidence to support the fact that your relationship is real and ongoing (i.e. evidence from the time you submitted your application until now).

Good luck.

Sheps

Apr 29, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Doc's Request.
UPFRONT
Nomination.....
(Wife)
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-07-2015
I think she got DM Scylla, can they still pull her in for a interview anyways?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sheps said:
They could certainly retract the DM even if it's already been given. CIC can pretty much do whatever they want (we have even seen a couple of instances here where people's PR visas were canceled by CIC after they were issued but before landing). But if DM has already been received - let's hope that's a good sign.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Sheps said:
Even though she has gotten DM, in theory, CIC can still stop the process or reverse the DM and send for further examination. The applicant is not a PR until granted at landing.

As far as I'm concern, I don't think she has anything to worry about. If there was any report on her file, it may show up at the landing interview and they can make a decision on what's the next step is.

I don't think there will be anything on her file regarding her MIL's report when they show up for landing.

CIC is fully aware that they will receive some report from relatives about fraud, etc etc. They won't take their words at face value as some report are done out of spite, revenge, jealously, etc etc. They will always consider third party report with a grain of salt. The only thing manners is the sponsor him/herself. Any decision that person makes, they take it seriously. They won't take some relatives word over the sponsor so easily.

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
The OP shouldn't worry about the fraud reporting by the MIL (assuming, of course, that there's no fraud) as anyone can pick up a phone and call CIC and say pretty much anything. I can't speak to the husband's legal trouble, though I suspect that's an issue if there's a *conviction*.