+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Migrate as FSW - deliver the child while PR is processing

bdes

Jan 20, 2014
Hi,

Me together with my husband are applying for Canada PR under FSW program. As of now we do not have children. Average PR processing time is 22 months. What if we get a child while our PR is in process? Will the child be allowed to migrate with us once we get PR?

Thanks..
Bdes

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
bdes said:
Hi,

Me together with my husband are applying for Canada PR under FSW program. As of now we do not have children. Average PR processing time is 22 months. What if we get a child while our PR is in process? Will the child be allowed to migrate with us once we get PR?

Thanks..
Bdes
If you have a child before you land as a PR, you MUST inform CIC and add the new child to your application. Do not attempt to land until the child has been examined. If the child is born after you land, you will need to sponsor it if it is born outside Canada.

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is NO harm if your child is born outside of Canada & then you later add him/her in your Canadian Immigration application, by paying the additional CA$ 150 fees + Application form for the child & Medical for the child.

But, for you child's career benefit, it would be better if he/she is by-birth Canadian.

I mean if your child ever decides to go to other countries like Dubai/Qatar/Singapore for work; he will get a higher salary if his COUNTRY OF BIRTH is "US/UK/Canada/Australia/European_country". It is like he will be treated as a FULL Canadian in Dubai/Qatar/Singapore, if he is born in Canada. But, he might be subject to a slightly lesser salary Dubai/Qatar/Singapore for work, if he is born outside Canada as will be treated as half-Canadian.

I know some people from Dubai, complaining about job offer letters having variant salary, just because of their country of birth.