+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Middle name on Permanent Resident Photos

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Hey there - when my wife got her permanent resident photos for the sponsorship application, the studio only put her first and last name on the back of the photos - no middle name. Everything else on the photos is perfect (date of birth, date of picture, name/address of studio, etc.)

Will this be an issue for our application?

Last edited:

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Hey - my wife’s middle name isn’t on the back of her permanent resident photos. Everything else is correct. Is that a big deal?
I wrote my middle initial only. I think it should be fine as they would still base the name on document presented like passport etc.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
I wrote my middle initial only. I think it should be fine as they would still base the name on document presented like passport etc.
Well, her middle name is on her passport. It has her first and last name and her date of birth. Everything is pretty well perfect except for that. I’d imagine if you got through with a middle initial then the first/last should be okay.

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Well, her middle name is on her passport. It has her first and last name and her date of birth. Everything is pretty well perfect except for that. I’d imagine if you got through with a middle initial then the first/last should be okay.
I really think it should be fine, I didn't include my middle name on Given names part of the forms, I asked my representative and they said it's fine as other client did the same and things went okay. In the end, they will check every document presented and legal name used like the one in her passport.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Also, the spousal visa only includes Given Name and Last name. So it will be fine.
I guess that I might clarify - These are the photos that I'm sending off with my application. I am worried about the application getting sent back to us without being processed.

Last edited:

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
I guess that I might clarify - These are the photos that I'm sending off with my application. I am worried about the application getting sent back to us without being processed.
I know it's for the photos, if you want, you can label the envelope which you'll use for the photos with her complete name. Or you can add a post it note, with label of her complete name.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
I know it's for the photos, if you want, you can label the envelope which you'll use for the photos with her complete name. Or you can add a post it note, with label of her complete name.
Based on your response, I may be worrying about nothing.

We have them in an envelope with the rest of the package that is properly labelled like you said. I’m mostly worried that they’ll turn my package away because they want the photos to have the FULL name, and not just first and last. I’m basically worried about having screwed this up.
Thoughts? Anyone else submit their passport/resident photos with only first/last names on them?

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
They are a
Based on your response, I may be worrying about nothing.

We have them in an envelope with the rest of the package that is properly labelled like you said. I’m mostly worried that they’ll turn my package away because they want the photos to have the FULL name, and not just first and last. I’m basically worried about having screwed this up.
Thoughts? Anyone else submit their passport/resident photos with only first/last names on them?
They made an official statement that they won't return incomplete applications, and continue to process it, and will give 90 days(not sure about the days) to comply just in case they need additional forms or documents to submit.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
They are a

They made an official statement that they won't return incomplete applications, and continue to process it, and will give 90 days(not sure about the days) to comply just in case they need additional forms or documents to submit.
Ahh. Do you think that they’d just process it anyway? I can’t imagine it’s a big deal, but I’m a worrier.

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Ahh. Do you think that they’d just process it anyway? I can’t imagine it’s a big deal, but I’m a worrier.
They will. I understand as I am an overthinker myself. But in the end it is your decision, I just though as long as it has her given name and last name, birthday, and name of photography studio and date taken, it should be fine.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
They will. I understand as I am an overthinker myself. But in the end it is your decision, I just though as long as it has her given name and last name, birthday, and name of photography studio and date taken, it should be fine.
It has that. I’m not changing it.
Thanks for working with me! I appreciate it!

Reactions: bcakes