+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Middle Name is different in marksheet and Passport or other ID

JJBhatt

May 12, 2017
Though my First Name and Last Name of Passport or all other IDs are matching with Degree Awarded but my Middle Name (Fathers Name as in India) is not matching. So does this affect during ECA/WES evaluation?

Middle Name(Father Name) in Degree and School LC - JayKumar
Middle Name(Father Name) in Passport and all other IDs - JayBhai

- Thanks.

Ferni

Jul 28, 2019
Hi JJ, I am a newbie here so really suggest you wait for other responses from more experienced applicants as well :) I had a similar issue with my name on certificates not matching passport. I submitted a legal affidavit along with my certificates stating that the different names refer to the same person... It worked for me and I have got my WES report. Hope this helps :)

JJBhatt

May 12, 2017
Hi JJ, I am a newbie here so really suggest you wait for other responses from more experienced applicants as well :) I had a similar issue with my name on certificates not matching passport. I submitted a legal affidavit along with my certificates stating that the different names refer to the same person... It worked for me and I have got my WES report. Hope this helps :)
Got it! Thanks a ton Ferni.

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Though my First Name and Last Name of Passport or all other IDs are matching with Degree Awarded but my Middle Name (Fathers Name as in India) is not matching. So does this affect during ECA/WES evaluation?

Middle Name(Father Name) in Degree and School LC - JayKumar
Middle Name(Father Name) in Passport and all other IDs - JayBhai

- Thanks.
These kind of situations do not have an exact right or wrong answer but rather depends on whoever reviews your application.
As someone suggested getting an affidavit would be the most direct solution. If you are on a time crunch , just submit your application and if there are any issues or further documentation needed, immigration services will let you know.

From my experience middle name is usually ignored as there are discrepancies in lot of cases.

JJBhatt

May 12, 2017
Hi Ferni, I have a doubt that whether do we need to submit original affidavit or photo copy of affidavit along with transcripts and WES ref. no. ?

Ferni

Jul 28, 2019
Hi Ferni, I have a doubt that whether do we need to submit original affidavit or photo copy of affidavit along with transcripts and WES ref. no. ?
I sent over the original affidavit signed with lawyer stamp and signed...

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Get an affidavit signed by the Municipal corporation of your region and get it attested by a recognized lawyer or court(preferably a court) to state which middle name is the affirmative one. Then send that over to IRCC while applying as an Additional supporting document.