+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mid November student permit application

canada2019

Apr 15, 2018
Good Afternoon,
Has anyone applied recently for a student permit? My application is been processed with the Buenos Aires office.
Date Received: November 11, 2018 (online)
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: November 14, 2018

Up until this week, the estimated processing time was 3 weeks, now 4, if it keeps increasing, just wondering when I should write to them?

Thank you in advance.

maycannady

Dec 5, 2018
Hi I'm from Brazil, the estimaded process time over here change too, was 5 weeks, increase to 6 weeks. This is normal they chance according to the volume of applications. My application was sent November 6.

tu0tu0

Aug 13, 2018
Hi, I am from Singapore, estimated processing time was 6 weeks before I received CAQ. When I receive CAQ and submit study permit it change to 9 weeks. Visa Application Centre told me expected 8 weeks & can start count from next day of my application. I submitted offline with biometric on 28 Nov 2018. Now I am waiting letter to go for medical. How is your status now?

canada2019

Apr 15, 2018
Still waiting. The website still estimate 4 weeks, and my biometrics were recieved on November 14th so that’s today.

I don’t need a medical so I’m hoping it will be straight forward from here.

Really hoping for something soon otherwise I’ll miss my start date for uni. If it does come through successfully/in time we are going to have to pack up the house and get flights within days

Reactions: maycannady

maycannady

Dec 5, 2018
Same here today, completed the amount of 5 weeks , only waiting the final decision. Did you apply only for study permit or more people are going with you? I have applied for study permit, open work permit for spouse and Visitor visa for my son, some people say that when you apply in a group, results may take longer

canada2019

Apr 15, 2018
The not knowing is very frustrating! I've applied for a student permit and open work permit for my spouse. I did wonder if that may increase the wait.
If you are waiting for the final decision does that mean you have seen a change in your profile?
Next to 'review of eligibility' mine still states: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

maycannady

Dec 5, 2018
Yes I know, there is no standards anymore. They asked for medical exams 3 days after the application, but nowadays that does not mean we are aproved for sure .
We have the same status, review of eligibility and Waiting for final decision. In Brazil they don't require biometric. So we know the review it's the last step.

canada2019

Apr 15, 2018
Good news! We today recieved our approval so there is hope that things are moving!

Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you.