+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MI 2012, What is fate of previous Applicants - Qorax and other seniors plz guide

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Following link carries some serious NEWS for present FSW candidates
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-04-17.asp
Like me, many of us are feeling tentative about their investment of years and hanging with dwindling hopes after this news.
I would request our seniors to start sharing their forecast/opinion about the upcoming changes though I understand that its exact contours are yet to arrive.
Your expert opinion would help all of us to get some idea about our survival possibilities under new MI.
For example in my case, besides my app progress (in sign), following is the breakup of my App points.
4152 - Social Worker
Education (M.A. 18 years) = 25
Language Eng (7.5, 7.0, 7.5, 7.5) = 16
Relevant Job Exp (16 years) = 21
Age = 10
Adaptability (spouse M.A. 18 years) = 05
Total = 77
And still I am not sure if I would be able to make it to Canada or the new system will wash away the whole effort.
Feeling quite lost!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
qorax said:
Changes in Immigration Patterns

Hi,

New rules r coming... vis-a-vis Immigration Intakes... it was already part of a larger strategy, which commenced from MI-1 and got strengthened with the next MIs, then the 'scrapping of the pre-2008'... The basic ideology of the Conservative Govt is to move "Employment based Immigration". Which will also see 'reduction of intakes'... albeit gradually.

Now FSW, CEC, FIC, basically all the 'economic classes', r in for a serious/severe revamp... e.g. CIC is on its way to reduce the canadian "experience timeframe" for the CEC, a new 5-yr 'faster processing' of the business class is planned for the FIC, TWP to PR is being moved to be the fastest & least attritional... etc. But remember that all these r in the pipeline... not lawfully passed yet... however, experiencing CIC's track record - these r expected to be enacted soon & in letter and spirit.

As regards "Prioritising NOCs" in FSW, it should be noted that such a rule is already in practice, which is why u'd find some ppl make it faster than others. This is obviously besides the delay in b/ground checks of specific cases. However, the other 'not-in-priority' NOC applicants had never been 'cancelled', but they continued to wait longer. So, unless Canada moves any parliamentary regulations - the 'others' might not be rejected as yet, but delayed inordinately [God forbid if they later go the pre-2008 way!].

Now, who r the 'priority NOCs' & who r 'others' - cannot be ascertained... for [one] - it's given out by HRSDC and [two] - it changes from time to time [within the MI list of 29 or whatever figure that'd get later].

Bottomline: Things r yet fluid - but changes r on its way for sure.

Qorax