+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico PCC Question

scott.harry

May 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

Quick question: I just passed my medicals, and now I received an email from CIC requesting me to upload the PCC from Mexico.

Im unsure about this procedure, do I have to wait for another email from them with the instructions on how to request the letter or can I contact the Visa Office upfront?

Thanks!

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi everyone,

Quick question: I just passed my medicals, and now I received an email from CIC requesting me to upload the PCC from Mexico.

Im unsure about this procedure, do I have to wait for another email from them with the instructions on how to request the letter or can I contact the Visa Office upfront?

Thanks!
Read here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

If you’re not a citizen of Mexico
If you live in Mexico:
You must apply to the Mexican authorities, Procuraduría General de la República (PGR). The office processing your application will send you a letter with instructions on how to get a police certificate. Once you have received the instructions letter, email the visa office in Mexico City to request an official letter. Take the official letter to the PGR office closest to you to apply for a police certificate.

The instructions letter provided by the processing office is not the same as the official letter that you must submit to the PGR authorities.

If you live outside of Mexico:
You must first submit your application for permanent residence or citizenship. We’ll tell you when you need a police certificate. We will submit a police certificate on your behalf after you give us:

1. Two sets of original fingerprints that meet these standards:
    • rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink
    • full name, date of birth and sex of the applicant
    • the name and address of the police agency where the fingerprints were taken
    • the signature of the officer taking the fingerprints and the client’s signature
    Note: Please make sure the name on fingerprint forms is the same as the one in the passport bio-page or photo ID. Fingerprint forms should not have anything crossed out or amendments.

To have your fingerprints taken:
    • In Canada: Contact a fingerprinting agency, or visit your local police station.
    • In any other country: Visit your local police station. In some countries the Mexican Embassy or Consulate will be able to assist you.
  2. Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of front profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered – no exceptions)
  3. Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of right profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered – no exceptions)
  4. One clear, legible copy of your passport bio-page (with your picture and full name)
  5. Quote your file number, name of visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or Case Processing Centre where your file is being processed, you full name and date of birth.
Note: You don’t need to send any other documents or provide any payments.

Send all five items to:

Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada
C.P. 11520, Mexico D.F.
MEXICO

You won’t receive the original police certificate. The certificate will be sent to us and the results will be uploaded directly in our system.

Information and documents you need
  • If you live in Mexico: Official letter provided by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Visa Office in Mexico City to apply for a Mexican police certificate.
  • If you live outside of Mexico: Send the documents listed above and follow the instructions carefully. There are no additional fees for this process.
Additional information, including fees, can be obtained through the Procuraduría General de la República (PGR) (available in Spanish only).

We’ll only process requests for individuals with open applications with IRCC.

If you have any questions, contact the IRCC Visa Office in Mexico City.

email: MXICO-IM-RAU@international.gc.ca.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Don't wait for anything. Check the info on how to get PCC from Mexico mentioned here, and upload it ASAP.

saigias

Nov 4, 2018
Hi Harry,

Could you please let me know your contact details, I am in need of mexico pcc certificate.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Hi All,
I applied for PCC through Canadian High Commission in Mexico today.
I was wondering if anyone has received their's yet.

saigias

Nov 4, 2018
Hi All,
I applied for PCC through Canadian High Commission in Mexico today.
I was wondering if anyone has received their's yet.

Hi, Did you apply for police certificate in mexico city or did you send the documents to Canadian Embassy in mexico.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Hi, Did you apply for police certificate in mexico city or did you send the documents to Canadian Embassy in mexico.
So after going through all the stories on here I applied through Canadian High Commission in Mexico but also trying to find a lawyer to apply myself as well...As going through Canadian High Commission, Mexico takes about 2 months I have heard

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
What about you? How did you apply?

saigias

Nov 4, 2018
I have sent my documents to Canadian embassy in Mexico 2 weeks back . They told that they have received it, review is pending from their side.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
I have sent my documents to Canadian embassy in Mexico 2 weeks back . They told that they have received it, review is pending from their side.
Contact them again and ask them if they submitted the request to PGR(Police Authority in Mexico).....PGR closes this Saturday and opens after New Years...

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Oh ok Sure. Thank you. Will follow up with them. Did you get your certificate?
Nah mine was delivered today to Canadian High Commission....
I am trying to find a local lawyer as well in meantime so I can apply through him/her...I have heard going through lawyer takes 10 days maximum and 2 days for official translation which is way quicker than 2 months from CIC Mexico....

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
are you in Mexico currently ?
Nah I am in Australia....But lawyers can do it on your behalf using 'Power of Attorney'....I have heard some good lawyers get the Police Clearance in less than 10 days...