+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico, Passport delay

Juver

Aug 26, 2021
Hey, so even though you're Mexican, you had to submit your passport (and not just a photocopy as some instructions I've read say)?? I wonder because I've just recently passed my medicals and I'm hoping I'll get a DM soon, but I only have 1 month left in Mexico before I head back to Canada (I have a student visa), so I want to know what the process is like once you get DM.. If you could please enlighten me? Also, did you had to retake new PR photos for the PPR, and if you did them in Mexico City, can you recommend a photographer that does them to the exact specifications? Thank you and congratulations! :D
Yes sure I'm sharing how my case was
.i got dm ,ppr prearrival letter same day....and yes I submitted just the photocopy of my passport..in my case I took the pictures for ppr at the same mall where the vfs is..they were good

Reactions: bigdaycoming

SophieDN

May 18, 2020
Passport was dispatched today.. finally.. after nearly 6 weeks ..

hey. Quick question. Are you in DR? We have just received the email saying the passport is back in Santo Domingo. We were wondering how fast it would be delivered home? I saw people receiving it back at home the very next day! Thank you

Juver

Aug 26, 2021
hey. Quick question. Are you in DR? We have just received the email saying the passport is back in Santo Domingo. We were wondering how fast it would be delivered home? I saw people receiving it back at home the very next day! Thank you
I'm in Mexico so after it was dispatched I got 2 days later

bigdaycoming

May 4, 2021
Yes sure I'm sharing how my case was
.i got dm ,ppr prearrival letter same day....and yes I submitted just the photocopy of my passport..in my case I took the pictures for ppr at the same mall where the vfs is..they were good
so as Mexican if you only sent them the photocopy of your passport, what you got back was that same photocopy stamped? and your COPR? or what was in what they sent you? I'm trying to plan for when I might get that request as I need to go back to Canada soon.. so I might have to ask for virtual landing if I'm over there before I get the PPR

Juver

Aug 26, 2021
so as Mexican if you only sent them the photocopy of your passport, what you got back was that same photocopy stamped? and your COPR? or what was in what they sent you? I'm trying to plan for when I might get that request as I need to go back to Canada soon.. so I might have to ask for virtual landing if I'm over there before I get the PPR
I got one picture back and corp . Yes I got the fotocopy .but not stamp on it ...we can land just with the passport and the corp..I got a letter with that info as well

Reactions: bigdaycoming

ptycanada

Jul 7, 2021
Did you receive your passport yet?

ptycanada

Jul 7, 2021
My express entry profile changed to approved on October 1st. When do you guys think I should expect my passport? Im from Panama btw