+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEXICO EMBASSY (in process)

Joselarita

Oct 18, 2009
hello...im confuse about the timeline at Mexico city my file says "in process" the last email they sent me said to send some documents because they were the only left in my case it says exactly this "as this is the only thing pending inyour file. " that was sent and no news from them... i dunno what about the interview??...im so worry that this will take more and more time...someone knows if the interview is a must for the case to be done?

thanks!!

pbritton101

Jun 25, 2010
Lagos de Moreno
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Passport Req..
19-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2010
Hi there.

Hope I can help you here. We were recently approved through the Mexico City Embassy (the guards there are jerks btw) and can tell you from our experience of having documents requested on two occasions (no interview) that we did not receive any contact until the expiration of the time limit mentioned in the correspondence.

As a specific example, we had documents (police certificates) requested with a deadline of 30 days. Even though we got the documents to the embassy in just 3 days, we still did not receive any contact until exactly the 30th day.

Long story short, if you're waiting for any contact, don't expect it any sooner than the deadline they gave you for sending the documents. It seems they don't look at your file until that date, regardless of when they receive your package.

Best of Luck!

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
HOLA

pbritton101 - Congratulations on your PR!!! your timeline was 6 to 7 months right?

Joselarita - I hope you hear from Mexico Visa Office soon...Would you like to join a thread for MEXICO that we have? http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t35385.0.html

In there we are sharing our experiences with Visa Office of Mexico, timelines, doubts, etc....hope to see you there.

GOOD LUCK!!

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
We had a similar experience to Pbritton's. On average, it would be 2-3 weeks after we sent them information. Then we'd get another email requesting something else. The total processing time for us (once they received our app) was about 6ish months. Way sooner than I had anticipated! We didn't have to interview either.

I don't know about anyone else, but we received a phone call from the embassy for our PPR. So as you near the 'due date', keep your phone nearby!

Good luck!

miguelre

Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it was more like 3 months...
april 5 to july 20 ;D

Joselarita

Oct 18, 2009
Helloo..thanks for the answers...when i check my status it says in process from june 10 (that menas in mexico rigth?)...im waiting from the embassy of mexico something, i send all the things they asked, the limit date already pass...(the date they gave us to send the additional docs)...im very scared they havent send me anything...i want to know if this is normal...about the times with persons who already did the process in Mexico..

thank u so much