+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico City Visa Office

kkhan16

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Does anyone have an application Mexico City VO and heard from them recently?
I am FSW-O AOR Aug14 2020.
My file has been under review required since October last year.
I emailed them and got a reply on June 1 2021 that Eligibility is still pending review.

What is the covid situation like over there? Any hope of the office restarting work on FSW apps?

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
I got an e-mail from them today saying they are prioritizing urgent matters and have limited capacity to process applications because of the coronavirus situation. Sounded like nothing is happening there right now (hope I am wrong though).

kkhan16

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
I got an e-mail from them today saying they are prioritizing urgent matters and have limited capacity to process applications because of the coronavirus situation. Sounded like nothing is happening there right now (hope I am wrong though).
Been getting that same response months now.
I submitted a couple webforms today following gcms notes. I am under review required so I wanted to send some documents to clarify what may be unclear to them.
hopefully they don’t get frustrated with me.

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Been getting that same response months now.
I submitted a couple webforms today following gcms notes. I am under review required so I wanted to send some documents to clarify what may be unclear to them.
hopefully they don’t get frustrated with me.
It's really a bummer they would send applications to a VO that is basically not working. What is the point in sending our files to a place that does not have proper capacity to process things at the moment?
It's really frustrating.

Reactions: Daria13 and kkhan16

kkhan16

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's really a bummer they would send applications to a VO that is basically not working. What is the point in sending our files to a place that does not have proper capacity to process things at the moment?
It's really frustrating.
Any update yet? None on my side

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Anyone have any ideas why we would be stuck in security (everything else passed) for 7 months?
Yeah, Mexico VO isn't working on FSWs. Of course, it's anecdotal, but from what I've seen on the forum, it's mostly late 2019/early 2020 spousal sponsorships going through. May want to verify yourself, though.

Reactions: Liveinthepresent

JrP87

Dec 2, 2021
Does anyone have an application Mexico City VO and heard from them recently?
I am FSW-O AOR Aug14 2020.
My file has been under review required since October last year.
I emailed them and got a reply on June 1 2021 that Eligibility is still pending review.

What is the covid situation like over there? Any hope of the office restarting work on FSW apps?
I'm AoR August 2020 Had a GU today... background changed to we are processing your application. We'll let you know when your background check has started. Also under addition dox it changed to not applicable. CoR Trinidad and Tobago, VO Mexico

kkhan16

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
I'm AoR August 2020 Had a GU today... background changed to we are processing your application. We'll let you know when your background check has started. Also under addition dox it changed to not applicable. CoR Trinidad and Tobago, VO Mexico
Hey, any update? I got a GU yesterday. No changes to my profile. CoR also TT

JrP87

Dec 2, 2021
Nothing yet...did your Additional Documents change to "Not Applicable"? By chance? Or do your BC say "We are processing your application"? I'm hoping we hear from them soon.

kkhan16

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Nothing yet...did your Additional Documents change to "Not Applicable"? By chance? Or do your BC say "We are processing your application"? I'm hoping we hear from them soon.
Nope... Additional docs: we do not need any additional documents Background check: in progress

According to GCMS notes, I have been review required for Eligibility since Sept 2020. Up to Jan 2022 I sent webform and eligibility was still pending review