+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico and the Czech Republic - TRVs now required for Canada

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

As of the 14th of July, All Mexican and Czechoslovakian citizens require TRVs for Canada.

PMM

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the info PMM. So much for NAFTA with Mexico. There's been a huge increase in refugee claimants from there recently. What's the deal with the Czech Republic? Does that include Slovakia as well? Two countries now.

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
PMM said:
Hi

As of the 14th of July, All Mexican and Czechoslovakian citizens require TRVs for Canada.

PMM
kinda strange
I don't see a lot of mexican population in the west coast (Vancouver etc.)...probably a lot in the east coast as there are a lot of spanish speaking countries (Cuba, Port Rico etc.) around the east coast down to Miami, USA.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rjessome said:
Thanks for the info PMM. So much for NAFTA with Mexico. There's been a huge increase in refugee claimants from there recently. What's the deal with the Czech Republic? Does that include Slovakia as well? Two countries now.
Over 2000 Refugee claims in the past year from Czech's claiming to persecuted as Romas, 5 in 2006 when visa was lifted, 5500 Mexican refugee claims in the first 6 months of this year.

PMM

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
I think its a consequence of so many fake refugee claims... the system has been abused.
I know there are many illegal mexican immigrants in the US, probably Canada wants to prevent this as well. However I gotta admit they are very hard working people, and they dont really "expect" you to speak spanish as them ( I know cause I lived in the States for about 7 years) If they want to speak spanish and keep their roots I dont see that as a problem, come on, let them be! Nobody is forcing you to do anything. And it doesnt hurt anyone to learn a new language (wether is Spanish, English or martian)
Im sorry things will become more difficult for mexicans and czechs but it is better to do things the proper way. There are many true refugee claims out there that should not be put on the back of the line because some people abused their privileges.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
people who wish to put their lives to serve for Canada are not allowed to enter, but someone who just need to change the place of their location to keep begging on the streets and doing nothing - are welcome. yes, it should be fair.

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
We are all human beings and we are all the same. One day the whole world and the human race will become One country.

Anyway,
From what I see in the long run, tourism may suffer.