+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexican citizen deported from USA

Mtapia

Jun 20, 2018
Hello All, in need of some input. My husband was deported from the USA back in 1997 due he said he was a us citizen when entering the border from Mexico to USA so they banned him for life because of it. How, i always say he was only a kid at the age of 18 who didn’t know better. He did renter the country but since then we been living low since he knows no one in Mexico all his relatives are in the USA and the living situations are scary in Mexico with to much violence. Im a US citizen we have 2 children who are US citizens. He is now 38 and it’s getting harder and harder on us to do anything without him with a status here in the USA. We are hopeful we can immigrate to Canada and live a smoother life where he will be more freely. Any advise on where to start or who to talk to about this will help. Thank you

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You can start here (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html) and research some of the immigration programs available. His US immigration history shouldn’t be a problem as long as he is upfront and includes it in the application. You will want to move your inquiries to the appropriate section of the forum based on the immigration stream you decide on. You’ll get much better answers there.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All, in need of some input. My husband was deported from the USA back in 1997 due he said he was a us citizen when entering the border from Mexico to USA so they banned him for life because of it. How, i always say he was only a kid at the age of 18 who didn’t know better. He did renter the country but since then we been living low since he knows no one in Mexico all his relatives are in the USA and the living situations are scary in Mexico with to much violence. Im a US citizen we have 2 children who are US citizens. He is now 38 and it’s getting harder and harder on us to do anything without him with a status here in the USA. We are hopeful we can immigrate to Canada and live a smoother life where he will be more freely. Any advise on where to start or who to talk to about this will help. Thank you
Agreed with the advice above. He or you would simply apply through one of Canada's economic immigration programs (like Express Entry) and include the rest of your family as dependents in the application. Provided he declares his past immigration history in this application, being approved won't be a problem. As I'm sure you're aware, it is in fact a lifetime ban for falsely claiming US citizenship. Even if he becomes a Canadian citizen, he will still be barred from the US for life. So once he leaves the US, he needs to be prepared to never return.

Mtapia

Jun 20, 2018
Agreed with the advice above. He or you would simply apply through one of Canada's economic immigration programs (like Express Entry) and include the rest of your family as dependents in the application. Provided he declares his past immigration history in this application, being approved won't be a problem. As I'm sure you're aware, it is in fact a lifetime ban for falsely claiming US citizenship. Even if he becomes a Canadian citizen, he will still be barred from the US for life. So once he leaves the US, he needs to be prepared to never return.
Yes completely understand. We are ready to move from the US and not return. He is totally ready for that change. He in the meanwhile has worked as an electrician and is ready to bring his skills to a country where he can perform and get certified.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Yes completely understand. We are ready to move from the US and not return. He is totally ready for that change. He in the meanwhile has worked as an electrician and is ready to bring his skills to a country where he can perform and get certified.
Did he go to trade school or do an apprenticeship to become an electrician? Is he certified in his state? And is his work experience legal or is it all under the table?

You should know that due to his age and with no job offer on the table already from a Canadian company, it may be very difficult to qualify for express entry. Will depend on how his language, education and work experienced are assessed.

Reactions: scylla

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If you are educated and have skilled work expeirence, I suggest you look at making yourself the Principal Applicant.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with the comments above. If he isn't certified as an electrician already - then there's a very low chance he will qualify to immigrate to Canada as the primary applicant. This means that you would need to qualify as the primary applicant based on your education, work experience, etc. What is your occupation? What level of schooling do you have?