+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mex-Canada Tourist Visa

crossiwre

Jan 11, 2019
My friend was visiting last year from Mex from Sept to Dec 2018 on a visit visa. He wants to come back in Feb, how long can he usually stay here before going back to mexico. Is it 5 months per year? His visit visa is still valid I believe till his passport expires. thanks for any insight.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
My friend was visiting last year from Mex from Sept to Dec 2018 on a visit visa. He wants to come back in Feb, how long can he usually stay here before going back to mexico. Is it 5 months per year? His visit visa is still valid I believe till his passport expires. thanks for any insight.
It will be determined at the point of entry by the officer, in most straight forward cases it is usually 6 months upon entry.

He may get questioned why he's back so soon and get questioned on his plans to return back to Mexico etc. There is no rule that he cannot return back in Feb and stay for 6 months provided his visa and passport are valid, some members on the site suggest to be back home for roughly the same amount of time they were in Canada.

In my opinion his previous travel to Canada and leaving on time would work in his favor.

crossiwre

Jan 11, 2019
Ah ok - so he was in Canada for 11 weeks only then should be in Mexico for the same amount of time. Perhaps end of March should be the time frame for him to return.