+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mewar University

Bubble007

Mar 5, 2018
Hi All,

Quick question: Is 1 year executive MBA , from Mewar university distance education, Rajasthan, recognized and evaluated by WES ?

djniks07

Sep 5, 2018
I have done 2 years MBA (Regular) from Mewar University and I am planning for WES. Guys, please let me know has anyone gone through WES for Mewar Univeristy?

sandeepfrench

Jun 4, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am also planning for 1 year excutive MBA from Mewar University. Please confirm wheather your were successfully evaluated for masters from WES. My mobile number is 91-9594357265

Regards,
Sandeep

jsriharish

Mar 13, 2018
Hi Sandeep,

Please don't consider this program as WES won't consider it as valid. As per AIU, equivalence certificate is not provided for all Executive MBA programs. Also Mewar doesn't have DEB approval and their distance education is not valid. They may say that they are providing this as part of Continuing Education and no DEB approval is needed. You may think MBA but not EMBA from Mewar. If I am in your place, I don't think Mewar as they don't have DEB approval. To be honest, unless you take regular mode of education, Mewar degrees carry no value. As per DEB FAQ, no institute/university is given permission to conduct online exams for distance education.

Think about NMIMS or GITAM. Explore on SGVU too as they have DEB approval. As per my research, NMIMS is one of the top B-schools and they are asking the students to take final exams in their exam center. So you need to be in India for taking the final exams. NMIMS is giving PGDM degree but not MBA. If you take distance education from NMIMS, your PGDM distance degree will be considered as 1 year Graduate education but not equivalent to Masters. AIU cannot give equivalence certificate for PGDM course taken in distance mode as MBA and that's why WES will not consider it as MBA. You will get points for two or more degrees. Also, please note that regular mode NMIMS PGDM degrees are equivalent to MBA. Please don't get confused here. Some other people mentioned that WES gave the evaluation for distance PGDM program as Masters if you include AICTE and AIU equivalence certificate. Technically, institute/university should provide the AIU equivalence certificate but NMIMS will ask you to apply on your own by paying 12000 INR and am not sure on the whole complete process. At the minimum, you will get points for two or more degrees. If luck favors, you may get Masters as each application is processed separately. Same applies to GITAM.

SGVU is telling that offline exams are needed for only 1 semester and remaining can be taken online. You need to explore yourself for SGVU and take the decision.

Please remember the below things

1. UGC approval for Regular mode
2. UGC-DEB approval for distance mode
3. AIU equivalence
4. AICTE approval except for MBA/MCA

Also, please observe that MBA or MCA are not considered as technical degrees and you don't need AICTE approval but it is nice to have. Please share your observations if you find any. All the best!

Reactions: sandeepfrench

aamirahmed60

Jan 29, 2019
Hi Sandeep,

Please don't consider this program as WES won't consider it as valid. As per AIU, equivalence certificate is not provided for all Executive MBA programs. Also Mewar doesn't have DEB approval and their distance education is not valid. They may say that they are providing this as part of Continuing Education and no DEB approval is needed. You may think MBA but not EMBA from Mewar. If I am in your place, I don't think Mewar as they don't have DEB approval. To be honest, unless you take regular mode of education, Mewar degrees carry no value. As per DEB FAQ, no institute/university is given permission to conduct online exams for distance education.

Think about NMIMS or GITAM. Explore on SGVU too as they have DEB approval. As per my research, NMIMS is one of the top B-schools and they are asking the students to take final exams in their exam center. So you need to be in India for taking the final exams. NMIMS is giving PGDM degree but not MBA. If you take distance education from NMIMS, your PGDM distance degree will be considered as 1 year Graduate education but not equivalent to Masters. AIU cannot give equivalence certificate for PGDM course taken in distance mode as MBA and that's why WES will not consider it as MBA. You will get points for two or more degrees. Also, please note that regular mode NMIMS PGDM degrees are equivalent to MBA. Please don't get confused here. Some other people mentioned that WES gave the evaluation for distance PGDM program as Masters if you include AICTE and AIU equivalence certificate. Technically, institute/university should provide the AIU equivalence certificate but NMIMS will ask you to apply on your own by paying 12000 INR and am not sure on the whole complete process. At the minimum, you will get points for two or more degrees. If luck favors, you may get Masters as each application is processed separately. Same applies to GITAM.

SGVU is telling that offline exams are needed for only 1 semester and remaining can be taken online. You need to explore yourself for SGVU and take the decision.

Please remember the below things

1. UGC approval for Regular mode
2. UGC-DEB approval for distance mode
3. AIU equivalence
4. AICTE approval except for MBA/MCA

Also, please observe that MBA or MCA are not considered as technical degrees and you don't need AICTE approval but it is nice to have. Please share your observations if you find any. All the best!
Hello, Bro I was considering doing PGDCS from GITAM to get two or more degrees ECA from WES. I wanted to know if WES will verify GITAM distance PGDCS. TYIA

jsriharish

Mar 13, 2018
Hi,

Yes you can as long as you take exams on the campus. GITAM has DEB preapproval for conducting courses as per their choice. You can check UGC-DEB website in Notices section. You may not have AICTE approval. However, since DEB approval is there, you will get positive result as per my knowledge.

NMIMS PDGM is also good for this purpose. All the best!

Rpk03

Nov 29, 2019
Hi All,

Quick question: Is 1 year executive MBA , from Mewar university distance education, Rajasthan, recognized and evaluated by WES ?
Hi, Did you get your degree evaluated from WES? What was the equivalency? Please share. I'm in the same boat.