Med's Done....
21--07-2013 w/ furtherance completed 25-10-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-12-2013
LANDED..........
April ' 2014 GOD willing...
Can anybody suggest a better town/city within metro vancouver, british columbia suitable for a 5 family member ( 3 children 21,19 & 12 ) and house/apartment rentals ranges 900-1200 per month. Thanks n God bless

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look at websites listings such as rentbc.com and craiglist. Depends how many bedrooms and bathroom you need.

Wain Ho

Jan 21, 2014
That will depend on where you are working at and how you want to travel.

I am living in Coquitlam (Tri-cities) and i love it here as this area is very family oriented and is developing with activities for the kids to get involved in. We have very good schools (Secondary to Colleges) that you can put them through.

I am a realtor and I can assist you with any questions that you have regarding the area.

Do leave me a note if I can help you.

ferdzmigz

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
2131/ FSW backlog reduction pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2013
Nomination.....
26-10-2012 ( BC-PNP )
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
10-06-2013
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
21--07-2013 w/ furtherance completed 25-10-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-12-2013
LANDED..........
April ' 2014 GOD willing...
hello Wain, we'll be landing in BC on April 22, 2014 but don't have definite place yet for our temporary settlement. we have a friend in Delta who suggested surrey or langley due to cheaper rent as compared to downtown vancouver. Our options are still open for other cities such as port moody or coquitlam. Can you please enlighten me regarding tri-cities? we intend to stay in a cheap hotel for the 1st week of our landing while scouting for an apartment. Thank you

mariabonita

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2012
Doc's Request.
send with the application
Nomination.....
PER 09-08-2012
IELTS Request
send with the application- 8.0 band
Med's Request
March 14, 2013
Med's Done....
March 27, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Jan 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 10, 2014
LANDED..........
May 3 , 2014
Hi wain,

We'll also trying to figure out what part of Vancouver is cheaper..I also heard from a friend that surrey is cheaper than metro vancouver..how about Burnaby? Can I rent a place even if I'm not yet there..I'll check a place thru internet and maybe let my friend view the place..my question is..is that possible? I know that I have to sign a contract but is it possible to sign it after? Since you are a realtor can you please help me on this..

Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mariabonita said:
We'll also trying to figure out what part of Vancouver is cheaper..I also heard from a friend that surrey is cheaper than metro vancouver..how about Burnaby? Can I rent a place even if I'm not yet there..I'll check a place thru internet and maybe let my friend view the place..my question is..is that possible? I know that I have to sign a contract but is it possible to sign it after? Since you are a realtor can you please help me on this..

Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks
What are you talking about?

The city of Surrey is part of Metro Vancouver. Yes you can rent a place even if you are not yet there. Actually if a landlord accepts you as the tenant, he/she can send you the signed contract to your overseas address. It is generally in your interest to sign before moving in.

Wain Ho

Jan 21, 2014
Surrey is by far cheaper and has more lot area compared to Tri-Cities. Also, it is definitely longer travel time to get to Vancouver downtown if that is what is required of you to do. Having to travel to Surrey requires toll and now it is $3 to go past the toll bridge for every trip you make. I guess that is also why there is cheaper rent and houses there. I have many clients moving from Surrey/Langley towards the tri-cities area which is far more lively now with all the new developments. Watch for the new Evergreen line, Port Moody area and Coquitlam.

Many landlords will require a security that you will rent the place for the stated time and that security for you to be here in person, and a background / credit check. If you are new here, you might want to approach a rental property mangement and I do have the most reliable and less fuss realtor you can find. I can also assist you with this if required.

If you are looking for a hotel near Vancouver for your temp stay, please be prepared to pay for meals every day which will come up to be at least $60 for a small family as you cannot cook, you will need to eat out. I do have a basement suite near Coquitlam Centre that I can recommend and it is close to shopping mall and has a grocery store. The rent for a month is $995. Pm me if you want to know more.

Do let me know what kind of assistance you need.