+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Met MP, advised me against self employed category

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
I just met my MP yesterday to ask him to help me with my self employed application, his immigration staff told me that this is the hardest category to get approved on and applications in Ottawa which is the fastest location for processing might take up to 4 years easy, she advised I get employed and apply for CEC after one year (seems the CEC will only require 1 year of experience soon)
note that I am on a temporary self employed permit in Canada for 18 months now, a Consul gave it to me due to my rare talent.
MP staff also confirmend CIC is not processing self employed applications in Arab and Middle East countries (I'm Lebnaese).
If you love yourslef don't apply as self employed.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
just got a call from the MP, his assistant said they called the Ottawa processing center, she said they told her these applications (self employed) can't be expedited, that I have to wait in queue, that they will contact me if they need anything, so my understanding even the MP can't make a self employed application get prcoessed faster or at all, it is a f#$#ed up category to apply in. I only wanted to know if they will process it or if they will leave it on the shelf for 6 years like my first self employed application.