+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Message for BobTheAccountant (ACCA and Oxford brookes WES assessment)

Dubai_Lad

May 10, 2015
Hi,

I saw in one of your old posts that you sent your ACCA documents to WES for assessment. Were you finally able to get 22 points for your ACCA plus Oxford Brookes or not?

I am currently applying through EE and want to know if ACCA membership + OXford Brookes BSC degree fulfill the requirement of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" or not.

Anyone else got these two assessed through WES and would like to share what they got?

Many thanks.

mr47ali

Apr 11, 2015
i applied through precisely the same route and got evaluated for dual bachelors degree
4 year bachelor degree for Oxford Brookes &
3 year bachelor degree for ACCA
you can claim the points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years".
Good Luck

Dubai_Lad

May 10, 2015
Thanks for your reply. Thats reassuring. Anyone else done that and got it through WES/CIC?

My worry is that WES will asses it as you said above but because the oxford brookes degree is not full time study based, CIC would issue an ITA due tit the score, but after submitting all documents may refuse that it counts as two post secondary credentials and reduce the Education points which means you get disqualified and you end up in the EE pool again with a lower score.

Does that make sense? Or am i looking too much into it?

mr47ali

Apr 11, 2015
Oxford Brookes is a Full bachelors degree with Hons. I was in the UK before and people there have used to obtain work permits and Permanent residence (which obviously is much much more difficult process than Canada).
If WES are evaluating it as a Four year degree then they definitely aren't stupid.
CIC relies on ECA for equating educational documents and won't decline the report from a credible body. You are just over thinking.

Dubai_Lad

May 10, 2015
Another question bro mr47ali, so did you get both ACCA and OBU ECA from WES in one report or are there two different reports with two separate WES reference numbers? Thanks.

mr47ali

Apr 11, 2015
It comes in one report with one unique WES number. Since you are applying to CIC so make sure you go for the ''Document by Document'' evaluation. If everything goes smoothly it takes around a month for the process to be completed

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hello mr47ali,

I have the BSc hons from Oxford Brookes University and I'm an ACCA member.

1. Which options shall I choose in on WES for both Bsc hons and ACCA? and whats documents did you send?
Country of Education: UK?
Name of Credentials: ??
Name of Institution: ??
Institution Type: ??

2. I have been working full time (paid) since I completed part 1 of ACCA in 2011. But I passed all ACCA papers and awarded Bsc Hons by Oxford Brookes University in June 2014 and finally became a member in May 2015. How many years of experience can I claim provided I can provide the work experience letters containing all the points required?

3. I am a total newbie so I just wanted to ask something about the CRS. Lets say if I have 425 points and the CIC draws 420 points so is it guaranteed I will get the ITA or there is the element of lottery even if I have more points then what has been drawn?

A million thanks in advance! I would really appreciate if you can answer the above questions.

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Hi All,

I am in process of getting CPA (British Columbia) through MRA between ACCA and CPA (Canada). I have two queries:-

1) Can I, in anyway, use CPA desgination to gain more points?
2) Although CPA is already Canadian desgination.However, if I send it to WES, would they give me any assessment for it?

Regards,
Sameer

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hi Sameer,

Have you acquired any possible answers to both your questions? I am on the same page and is seeking for assistance in this regard. Please let me know if you have any improvement on this.

Thank

sameer_mobin said:
Hi All,

I am in process of getting CPA (British Columbia) through MRA between ACCA and CPA (Canada). I have two queries:-

1) Can I, in anyway, use CPA desgination to gain more points?
2) Although CPA is already Canadian desgination.However, if I send it to WES, would they give me any assessment for it?

Regards,
Sameer

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
wifiwifey said:
Hi Sameer,

Have you acquired any possible answers to both your questions? I am on the same page and is seeking for assistance in this regard. Please let me know if you have any improvement on this.

Thank

Hi Wifi,

Have searched a lot, on forums and tried to ask around. I din't get any response.

My application is currently under review with CPA board as informed. Hoping for the best.

However, I noted that during e-mail correspondence with CPA Evaluator, I read a few lines stating that:-

(Quoting in my words)

"students gaining CPA before any immigration process should report to relevant CPA office upon landing in Canada."

So I can presume, there will be no evaluation for this at this point of time. And only once we are there we can work it to our benefit.

Sorry for late reply. I will be a bit regular from now onward.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Thanks! Please let me know if you find out anything.

sameer_mobin said:
Hi Wifi,

Have searched a lot, on forums and tried to ask around. I din't get any response.

My application is currently under review with CPA board as informed. Hoping for the best.

However, I noted that during e-mail correspondence with CPA Evaluator, I read a few lines stating that:-

(Quoting in my words)

"students gaining CPA before any immigration process should report to relevant CPA office upon landing in Canada."

So I can presume, there will be no evaluation for this at this point of time. And only once we are there we can work it to our benefit.

vjho

Aug 4, 2015
wifiwifey said:
Hi Sameer,

Thank
Hi Sameer and Wifi,

Even I am currently doing the CPA process. I think only ACCA and a university degree have to be sent to WES for assessment, as CPA would only be useful when we land there. I may be wrong though, but I will try searching around.

Pls let me know if there is any other info.

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
vjho said:
Hi Sameer and Wifi,

Even I am currently doing the CPA process. I think only ACCA and a university degree have to be sent to WES for assessment, as CPA would only be useful when we land there. I may be wrong though, but I will try searching around.

Pls let me know if there is any other info.

Hi Vjho,

I expect the same.

Regards,
Sameer

CEC-lolo

Oct 19, 2015
Hi Sameer,

Hope your immigration process went smooth!

I just read your post and wanted to ask the question please. What process are you going through when doing CPA in BC using ACCA?

I am also an ACCA member and would like to do my CPA here, however, I've heard CPA does not recognize ACCA degree at all.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Thank you very much in advance

sameer_mobin said:
Hi Wifi,

(Quoting in my words)