+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mental Disorder: IMM5669

Timrepy Duts

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hello, on the IMM5669, regarding the "Have you ever had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder?" does depression count? I was diagnosed by a therapist on campus as a student before, but never took any medication for it. This was 4 years ago and I'm feeling much better now.

Is it correct to put "Yes" or "No"? If I put yes, how do I explain? Will this affect my application? I also do not have any paperwork to prove this, so how would I document it to CIC?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, on the IMM5669, regarding the "Have you ever had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder?" does depression count? I was diagnosed by a therapist on campus as a student before, but never took any medication for it. This was 4 years ago and I'm feeling much better now.

Is it correct to put "Yes" or "No"? If I put yes, how do I explain? Will this affect my application? I also do not have any paperwork to prove this, so how would I document it to CIC?

Thank you
If you haven’t been treated I wouldn’t consider it a serious medical condition. It is something you can mention in your medical.

Reactions: Timrepy Duts