Not required
Passport Req..
Already submitted along with the file
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
elokuu said:
They sent me the admissions letter through regular mail.
Well, they sent mine through DHL! that's weird! I got accepted in another uni. a few months ago and they sent it through regular mail too.

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
zack12 said:
I am planning to go for MBA

U got the visa or still not applied please share ur profile we can help each other

Thanks
Zack
Zack, I got the visa for Fall 2013 but I did not go to the university that I was supposed to start my studies at. I am just now changing to MUN.

zack12

Apr 26, 2012
Cute_guy i'm from India, not yet a little confused to take d decision to which uni,

SSHanna congrats for visa so wu will join next,

moorw003

Aug 11, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/08/2013
cute_guy said:
Can u share more info about the place in terms of weather(spl in winters) and rents in the city. Does it have a convenient transport system like buses and taxis etc.... :)
As far as rents go, if you get your own 1 bed studio, with bills you're looking at $1k a month after bills. If you share with other people as 99% of students do, you'll spend about $500 a month. This is pretty reasonable really, that's cheaper than I pay in the UK.

Public transport is good, buses cover all the important areas of the city, downtown, the mall, the uni, and the nearby towns. Tickets are $2.25 a single no matter how long the journey. They are frequent too.

Weather, well this is the so so side of living here. On the one hand, St. John's is the foggiest, cloudiest, wettest and windiest city in Canada (not all at once, but chances are at least one of these will be present at all times). The upside is winter temps are milder than most areas of Canada, it's actually has the warmest (well least cold) climate outside of British Columbia.

Hope this hasn't put you off, it's a truly lovely city, although it is as I said an outpost. A booming outpost with a good variety of shops, a lot of part time job opportunities and 100,000 very friendly people. But the nearest big city is Halifax, a good 1000 miles away so make a lot of friends and enjoy either being in the comfort of St. John's, or travelling through the wilderness of Newfoundland (which is great fun) to keep you occupied.

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
Thank you for your informative post! I heard that newfies have accents which are hard to understand.. since you are already in NFL, What do you think?

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siG7HBBY1MQ ;D ;D ;D

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
moorw003 said:
As far as rents go, if you get your own 1 bed studio, with bills you're looking at $1k a month after bills. If you share with other people as 99% of students do, you'll spend about $500 a month. This is pretty reasonable really, that's cheaper than I pay in the UK.

Public transport is good, buses cover all the important areas of the city, downtown, the mall, the uni, and the nearby towns. Tickets are $2.25 a single no matter how long the journey. They are frequent too.

Weather, well this is the so so side of living here. On the one hand, St. John's is the foggiest, cloudiest, wettest and windiest city in Canada (not all at once, but chances are at least one of these will be present at all times). The upside is winter temps are milder than most areas of Canada, it's actually has the warmest (well least cold) climate outside of British Columbia.

Hope this hasn't put you off, it's a truly lovely city, although it is as I said an outpost. A booming outpost with a good variety of shops, a lot of part time job opportunities and 100,000 very friendly people. But the nearest big city is Halifax, a good 1000 miles away so make a lot of friends and enjoy either being in the comfort of St. John's, or travelling through the wilderness of Newfoundland (which is great fun) to keep you occupied.
Thnks Bro!!!
$1k/month is really high by all stnds .......I saw some posts on Kijji nd Craig, 500-600 for studio;Guess the area matters a lot !!!!!!!!

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
cute_guy said:
Wht's the idea?? The accent or there are shark killers dere ?lolz
The accent, obviously.

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
elokuu said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siG7HBBY1MQ ;D ;D ;D
Only in NFL, sharks get attacked :D !!!! and their accent is fast and at the same time they speak like people who speak English as a second language!
but I saw some videos on MUN channel on youtube and there were good actually and their accent is easy to understand and I don't think all of them were foreign students and profs!

Sherry G

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Moncton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
chc abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
Doc's Request.
12-1-2013
IELTS Request
submited with application
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Request
waived
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
submited with application
VISA ISSUED...
14-1-2013
LANDED..........
22-1-2013
goodluck but the city sucks, its beautiful dont get me wrong, there are little or no part time job opportunities, people are out migrating and stuff. if you're taking 4 years course, u gonna have a bad time there.

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
Sherry G said:
goodluck but the city sucks, its beautiful dont get me wrong, there are little or no part time job opportunities, people are out migrating and stuff. if you're taking 4 years course, u gonna have a bad time there.
yea the city climate sucks, and thank God that my program will be a coop one so I have to spend some time to work in another province during my work semester :D
Actually in my opinion, their low tuition fees and reputation (which is pretty good compared to their tuition fees) are the only two things that compensate the bad climate.

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
SSHanna said:
yea the city climate sucks, and thank God that my program will be a coop one so I have to spend some time to work in another province during my work semester :D
Actually in my opinion, their low tuition fees and reputation (which is pretty good compared to their tuition fees) are the only two things that compensate the bad climate.
"Thank God I don't have to spend all of my time in Newfoundland"? Good job judging the place before you've never even been there.

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
Well, facts about NFL are all over the internet, however, I do hope they are all wrong...

Also, I did not judge the place because of its small business (which I believe will improve in the next years). I only talked about the climate which is unchangeable.

Anil K

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SSHanna
wat is the application fee for this university and how many days does it take to get offer letter?
and you are going there for bachelors in science and wat is the major? (I thought to take environmental science)
I asked my agent abt this university and she said me why do u want to go to a Island?
and she said its hard to get part time jobs there and even if I get one it will be problem to get job(in science field) after completing the course.